Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
RS, your brain cells are better used on us 'rednecks' than Raiders. At least we fight you with our dukes up.
It's not often this happens John, but I have to agree with you on that one. I couldn't even tell you anymore why I bother with him, except for the fact that I've become accustomed to winning in my life and I find it hard to accept that there are situations in life where you can commit no mistakes and yet still "lose." That's not to say that I feel bested by Raiders, but rather that I've never dealt with anyone possessing his peculiar blend of delusion and self-righteousness.

Anyhow, allow me to formally express my gratitude for your magnanimity in lifting my ban. As I've lost my taste for Gamelive and the other major forums are crumbling into shells of their former selves, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed my first day back. Things have been contentious between us for years now, and as I stare down the barrel of turning 30, it's becoming clear to me how silly it all was. Especially now that I have employees of my own, I realize how fragile the employer/employee relationship is and how unfair it is to judge a man by how his employees speak of him. I allowed myself to get caught up in opinions of you (and Dozer) that weren't necessarily my own, and I apologize for that. I still think you've said some awfully dumb/insensitive things, but then so have I, so hopefully we can move forward secure in the knowledge that nobody's perfect.

Of course it's easy to say/post things, much harder to live them. We both operate, by necessity, with a healthy dose of self-interest and pride, and only time can tell whether we can co-exist peacefully in the long term. I'm hoping that by getting my argument fix at Peep's and voicing my distaste for authority at EOG, that I can finally settle into just being another guy at SBR that likes to tally up more W's than L's at the end of the day.