Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
I'm watching it on CNN and you can see his divot clearly in front of the dropped ball. It's about 2 feet behind on the same lie. The only advantage I can see is that he was able to hit the ball again from basically the same spot. The 2 foot distance has zero bearing on the results. If you put that same shot on the original spot it's a similar putt.

What's so screwed up is that the officials all agreed it was a good drop, they all moved on and as he was finishing up his round. He actually completed the round submitted his scores and everything was good. It was only later that he opened his big mouth that they assessed a penalty. They still haven't said that it was an illegal drop officially. They basically penalized him for talking to the media. Stupid of him but stupid for the committee too because it shows how ridiculously flawed some of these rules are.

Like penalizing a 14 year old for taking too long to hit the ball. Stupid fukkks.
Wait a second, he was penalized for what he said afterward, not what he did during? They saw what he did and blessed it? Now I'm totally confused. How is that possible?