SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Mucho Gusto - Saudi Cup

Trainer Bob Baffert made his first appearance at the track on Wednesday morning, and the affable conditioner was pleased with what he’s seen so far.

“They shipped well,” Baffert said. “They’ve done well. No negatives at all they look healthy and happy. McKinzie looked pretty sharp. We stood him the gate. The track is pretty nice. They’re both getting over it pretty well.”

McKinzie was a runner-up last out in the Breeders' Cup Classic, while Mucho Gusto enters off a victory in the Jan. 25 Pegasus World Cup Invitational (G1).

“He worked great before he left," Baffert said. "We just let him open up through the lane (on Tuesday). Mucho Gusto did the same thing. Just to get their blood flowing.
    “Mucho Gusto has really changed a lot. These last three months I’ve seen a big change in him. He’s filled out. He’s just changed for the better. You could tell from that last work right before the (Pegasus) a light went on in him. The way he ran. He’s always shown up. He’s always run hard. He’ll be right there.
    “Until you put them in the gate you never really know. You’re watching and all of a sudden, they turn it on. They’ve adjusted a little bit. You have to come with really good horses. If you get away well and have some luck you still have to show up.”

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9476

I really don't think maximum security is as good as these two .. he will face a legitimate pace and top older horses around 2 turns for the first time.. can't speak for the foreigners but would have to think as usual our dirt horses are the best

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9476

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    I really don't think maximum security is as good as these two .. he will face a legitimate pace and top older horses around 2 turns for the first time.. can't speak for the foreigners but would have to think as usual our dirt horses are the best
    let me be the first to say ..that was damn impressive !!

maximum security