BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Del Mar Today (8/7)

Race 1 (5f / Turf)

6 El Mirage King should be able to get out near the front and may be the only real speed in the race besides the 2 Summer Exclusive, one of these two horses should take this short turf sprint. El Mirage King has the double positive angle with positive figures in both the strong start and the strong finish columns. Possible longshot, the 5 Kingpin Ryno is a Rt2Sprint angle moving from two consecutive 8.5f outings back down the a really short 5f try.

Race 2 (5.5f / Poly)

Four first time starters and very little history means a recommended pass from us. However, if we have to pick a winner it would be 7 Go First who has a double positive angle with a nice 27.0 figure in the strong start and a usable 4.6 strong finish.

Race 3 (6.5f/ Poly)

An interesting race without a great deal of possible speed here, the key to this race is to find the horse that may wire this field if the pace is as slow as it looks like it should be. I would be either the 3 Queen of the Hill or the 4 Metaxa gets the lead early and will both should be in contention here down the stretch.

Race 4 (8f/ Turf)

Long turf race with only 15.0% historical data and every horse is stretching out to two turns for the first time means a recommended pass from us, but again if your forcing us to make a pick it would be the 1 Clenor (IRE) who has the most experience of the bunch having raced three races over some softer turf and may have the most likely ability to make it the 8f with something left in the tank.

Race 5 (5.5f/ Poly)

Another race with a number of first timers and a measely 12.0% historical data figure means another pass. However, we do like the Doug O’Neil / Joe Talamo connection on the 3 Tribal Tattoo making its second start. He ran out of gas in his first outing and may be ready to pop here.

Race 6 (6.0f/ Poly)

This is probably the best race on the card from a handicapping point of view. We have a nice 83.8% historical data figure and a ‘FalseFav’ flag on a race where we may be able to find some value. The 10 Wednesday is coming Rt2Sprint after a strong first three-quarters of an 8f race about a month ago, has the highest HBD Speed# on the card and should be sitting in the right spot to take a shot at this field.

Race 7 (6.5f/ Poly)

Although this is another race with a small historical data figure, I really like the 2 Concave, who has a nice double positive angle with a strong start figure of 5.0 and the best strong finish figure of 7.6. In fact only two horses in this race produces a strong finish figure in the positive, the 2 Concave and the 5 Stop Smiling.

Race 8 (6.5f/ Poly)

We love the 8 Suances Pride here, who barely tops the HBD Added list with an added 51.4 points. But has a nice double positive angle working with a strong 25.8 strong start rating and a positive 2.6 strong finish figure as well. The 5 Lakeside Bride has promising figures as well, but has been trending the wrong direction and seems to be stepping down after not performing well in his last race.

wildrides
    wildrides's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting info. Thanks for taking the time to post. I'll be following along.

BGboothA

Well that cost me a win! And my DD ticket! It was the right call, the 7 definitly impeded there, but damn!

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4500

Just saw your thread, thanks for posting. Del Mar has been a nightmare for me lately. GL to ya.

BGboothA

Boom, that 10 in the 6th just pushed well into the black for the day!

BGboothA

Finishing the day with a BEAUTIFUL PICK 3.....

$225.10, and I could have won with a $1 bet, top picks in the last three races won...still played a $18 ticket...can't complain.

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

great work caught the last race

wintowin
    wintowin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great!!!

Thank you for your info.

Timmay
    Timmay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6751

Anything for this weekend?