bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Max

hey Max, i'm watching the NY Islanders at Toronto tonight. and, just seen the announcers said there was a 3 man advantage in this game tonight.

did you ever find out whats up with this one yet or not. i'd like to know if this might be a new rule or not. because, this is the 3rd time i've notice this happen this year.

bigboydan

max, now this is really fvcked up. in this game, i just seen toronto have 4 men in the penalty box and, 3 players from the islanders in the penalty box

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

What the hell is going on in that game? 6-4 and its mid way thru the 2nd period. I just turned it on to see this shootout of a game.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

8-4 Leafs now. 2 short handed goals for the leafs in this one, and Im sure the Leafs will score 10 goals in this one.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

9-6 Leafs win. No defense in that game.

Max Levine
    Max Levine's Avatar Become A Pro!

When you have 3 men in the penalty box, let's say 3 minors at the same time, you play 5 on 3 for 2 minutes, and then 5 on 4 for the next 2 minutes. The 3rd penalty starts at the end of the first one, assuming no goals are being scored.

In tonight's game, McCabe got 2 minors for roughing at 14:15. Isles played 5 on 3. One minute later, at 15:19, Kaberle was gone for 2 for hooking. The time of his penalty only started at the end of McCabe's minors. So at 16:15, since Isles hadn't scored, both of McCabe minors were over and Kaberle's time started. Isles played 5 on 4 until they scored at 17:28, a power play goal.

Dan, no such thing as a 3-man advantage.

Max

bigboydan

max, these announcers gotta stop calling the games like this. because, this is starting to make me mad. not to mention how the cameraman shows 3 men in the box.

Max Levine
    Max Levine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dan, there can be 3 men in the box... even 7! But there will always be 3 skaters on the ice minimum. When there are more than 2 minors at the same time, the time of the most recent penalties will be delayed. Only the clock of 2 minors can run at the same time.

Max

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    9-6 Leafs win. No defense in that game.
    That looked liked all-star game defense.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    That looked liked all-star game defense.
    no, it looked like both teams decided not to play there goalies