DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8504

Edmonton Oilers tonight

Sharks have been out scored 21-5 in their last 3 games which includes their 2-1 win against Philly Tuesday.

Edmonton was one of the favorites to win the Cup heading into the season but their defense has really been bad. Monday, in Vancouver the Oilers were beaten again for the 2nd straight time in Vancouver 6-2 after losing 8-1 in their first meeting. McDavid was pissed and their frustrations were evident with all the penalties they took after another loss was a forgone conclusion.

Nothing better to get things turned around than to play the Sharks this season. I see Edmonton taking out all their frustrations tonight with a shellacking of the Sharks. 10-1.

Over 2 1P +112
    Oilers team total over 4.5 +104
    Total goals over 7 +112
    Oilers -2 -120

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave Optional 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Oilers are trash but yeah I guess they can do what every team but Philly does to SJ

Good luck

I like the Islanders and Chicago today

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12843

Both teams stink, I like regulation tie +440 They should win but they'll make you sweat

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Oilers are trash but yeah I guess they can do what every team but Philly does to SJ

Good luck

I like the Islanders and Chicago today
    so far they are trash but they have talent. They let go Campbell which was a mistake getting him in the first place. They can't seem to keep the pucks out of their net. Much like the Leafs. My Canucks vs TO Saturday should be must watch TV!

How many goals will McDavid score tonight? 5?

Good luck on your picks. I like the over the Chicago game and the under in the Bruins game. BOL eh!
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave DwightShrute 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

I say McDavid scores 4 or 5 and Draisaitl scores 2-3 also. That just means Hyman and Kane need to pop one in each and we'll be golden.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Just a small action bet for fun. Buts lets get it

DwightShrute

adding Pittsburgh +101

LA Kings' first game home after going 4-0 on their road trip including a win last night. This is a prefect spot to a team to steal a game from them. I see a 3-2 game.

Vancouver -133
    Vancouver -1.5 +192
    Vancouver team total over 3.5 -115
    Vancouver/Ottawa over 7.5 +160

Vancouver on fire offensively lately, Ottawa played last night and both teams playing their back-up goalies which DeSmith has be excellent in the starts he's gotten so far. Forsberg not so much. 5-3 Vancouver.

good luck boys.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    adding Pittsburgh +101

LA Kings' first game home after going 4-0 on their road trip including a win last night. This is a prefect spot to a team to steal a game from them. I see a 3-2 game.

Vancouver -133
    Vancouver -1.5 +192
    Vancouver team total over 3.5 -115
    Vancouver/Ottawa over 7.5 +160

Vancouver on fire offensively lately, Ottawa played last night and both teams playing their back-up goalies which DeSmith has be excellent in the starts he's gotten so far. Forsberg not so much. 5-3 Vancouver.

good luck boys.
    Canucks came through with a 5-2 victory.

now it’s time for the oilers do it

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4967

Oilers fukkn cost me big time... shouldn't known better I guess...

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1947

Oilers tanking

lakerboy

Woodcroft can't survive much longer

DwightShrute

Woodcroft can't survive much longer
    and he didn't.

Tonight they have a new coach despite winning their next game 4-1 in Seattle.

What do you think will be the result with a new coach? Usually the first game under a new coach is an injection of enthusiasm resulting in a better performance.

I know I got the Sharks game wrong in this thread but I did hit the Canucks game and the Pens game.

I am thinking Oilers come out at home tonight and beat the NYI and I think they do it convincingly. Islanders aren't exactly setting teh world on fire losing their last 4 games.

I will take a shot Edmonton beats them big time tonight. NYI 1 Edmonton 5

Oilers -2 +225
    Oilers -1.5 +158

lakerboy

and he didn't.

What do you think will be the result with a new coach? Usually the first game under a new coach is an injection of enthusiasm resulting in a better performance.

I know I got the Sharks game wrong in this thread but I did hit the Canucks game and the Pens game.

I am thinking Oilers come out at home tonight and beat the NYI and I think they do it convincingly. Islanders aren't exactly setting teh world on fire losing their last 4 games.

Oilers -2 +225
    Oilers -1.5 +158
    Oilers are a run and gun team that can't back check in a league that doesn't play like that. Odd man rushes have killed them.

DwightShrute

Oilers are a run and gun team that can't back check in a league that doesn't play like that. Odd man rushes have killed them.
    Its deflating to allow so many goals. They need to be better defensively for sure. Look at the Canucks. They really did a good job improving their defense and that's paid off this season so far.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Excellent point. I'm not fond of their defensemen either. The win against Seattle was very convincing to me that they literally started back-checking and put defense first. I posted them in my thread that night but had no clue they would play defensive.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Its deflating to allow so many goals. They need to be better defensively for sure. Look at the Canucks. They really did a good job improving their defense and that's paid off this season so far.
    You can't have Evander Kane cherry-picking and win in the playoffs. Forwards have to commit to defense. I'm not saying Kane is the only one doing this, but hanging out at the red line when your team hasn't gotten out of their own zone is a recipe for disaster time and time again.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    You can't have Evander Kane cherry-picking and win in the playoffs. Forwards have to commit to defense. I'm not saying Kane is the only one doing this, but hanging out at the red line when your team hasn't gotten out of their own zone is a recipe for disaster time and time again.
    I am not an Oilers fan by any means but I do have McDavid is my fantasy league. Also Hyman and Ekholm. The effort is there it seems but they aren't playing as a team. As a unit. That's never a recipe for success. They weren't buying into the coach's system anymore so he had to go. Skinner is a good goalie too.

It will be interesting to see if they can turn it around and if so, how quickly.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

I am not an Oilers fan by any means but I do have McDavid is my fantasy league. Also Hyman and Ekholm. The effort is there it seems but they aren't playing as a team. As a unit. That's never a recipe for success. They weren't buying into the coach's system anymore so he had to go. Skinner is a good goalie too.

It will be interesting to see if they can turn it around and if so, how quickly.
    Are they $$ pay leagues where you buy-in? I quit FF a while back, but I might have fun trying Fantasy Hockey out.

I agree. It's almost like they gave him that win going out the other night knowing he was done. His system wasn't working. Like you said, time will tell with the new coach to see the changes.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Are they $$ pay leagues where you buy-in? I quit FF a while back, but I might have fun trying Fantasy Hockey out.

I agree. It's almost like they gave him that win going out the other night knowing he was done. His system wasn't working. Like you said, time will tell with the new coach to see the changes.
    ya and you can play for free also. I am in 4 leagues. I stocked up on Vancouver players with Demko, Miller, Pettersson, Hroneck, Hughes and Boeser, so needless to say I currently in first in a couple of them. Long season.
    Points Awarded:

hehfest gave DwightShrute 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute

and he didn't.

Oilers -2 +225
    Oilers -1.5 +158
    was way off again last game as they won 4-1 not 5-1
    They are back at it tonight with game 2 with a new coach at home again, against the struggling Kraken who they beat a few days ago 4-1. Sounds liek it could be that same score.

Oilers -1.5 +132
    Oilers -2 + 176

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

was way off again last game as they won 4-1 not 5-1
    They are back at it tonight with game 2 with a new coach at home again, against the struggling Kraken who they beat a few days ago 4-1. Sounds liek it could be that same score.

Oilers -1.5 +132
    Oilers -2 + 176
    I'll give it a try, GL

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    I'll give it a try, GL
    good luck to us then.

DwightShrute