Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Java help... HELP HELP HELP!!

I have a set of java objects that have been serialized to a database.

Well they were serialized, then the class definition changed. its time to write my paper about the objects and i needed to get the objects back from the database.

So I run an application to fetch the objects. But since the class definition is different. Get the following exception when I try to pull it out:

local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -4193695081438788510, local class serialVersionUID = 6009413270056853541

So I know why the error is what it is...but is there any way to retrieve these objects. or its stored class definition??? I also dont have the class definitions from when the objects were first stored. Else that would fix the problem.

I'd hate to have to recreate all these objects.

I'm not on any coding forums. ( Guess I Should Get On Some ). But if you know how to fix it, so I can get the instances back, please let me know!

And if you want points. you can have all of them. Hording points is the least of my concern. I just need these objects back!!!

Thanks in advance for your help guys!!

simplydusty
    simplydusty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I am not too familiar with Java, but this stack overflow thread might be able to help you out. I can't get links to work correctly from my phone so just search "stack overflow 795470" on google. It should be the first result that is shown with the title "how to deserialize an object persisted..."