dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

under what do you

think. I am more inclined to play an under in basket and foot. do you give this any thought at all. I believe the punter has a better chance, albeit very small, to play under in the first half rather than the game. Obviously you cannot have a tie in the first half so you get a small advantage. how sickening is it when you play an under and the game goes to OT and you lose?

when I took action the majority of punters played over. I think it was easily two to one especially with the unseasoned player.

another small advantage might be to check out over under stats from previous games at both the half and game. If you spy an under in the half that is advantageous that might even give you a slightly enhanced game. some teams are great first half not so much game. other teams are not great first half and so forth. and of course the books have all this knowledge baked right into the recipe.
    just some thoughts.

coolguy73739
    coolguy73739's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9574

Bottom-line is we have know our edges betting either of under/over/fav/underdog. I was comfortable playing under most of the times but not anymore.. Betting Quarters is not profitable in the long run imo. Fear of game going into overtime always haunts you betting under especially when both teams are evenly matched but thats the price you pay betting under and thats what makes it Gambling I guess.
    I hope you are doing good with your betting stint. Wish you the best for rest of the season..Cheers

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153504

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    think. I am more inclined to play an under in basket and foot. do you give this any thought at all. I believe the punter has a better chance, albeit very small, to play under in the first half rather than the game. Obviously you cannot have a tie in the first half so you get a small advantage. how sickening is it when you play an under and the game goes to OT and you lose?

when I took action the majority of punters played over. I think it was easily two to one especially with the unseasoned player.

another small advantage might be to check out over under stats from previous games at both the half and game. If you spy an under in the half that is advantageous that might even give you a slightly enhanced game. some teams are great first half not so much game. other teams are not great first half and so forth. and of course the books have all this knowledge baked right into the recipe.
    just some thoughts.
    as you said, the books already know this and hence 1H Under lines are shaded accordingly, especially in college hoops

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7298

I like the sentiment, but I tend to be very skeptical of those kind of things.

When you say "performs better in 2nd half" vs 1st half, lots of things to consider. It's probably a small sample size, and to what degree. Also have to ask why. If I can't logically explain something logically, I tend to discard it.

CBB is hard.

If you were to say NBA teams, you could look to see about minutes played. Maybe an underperformed starter plays more in 1st half ect.

I don't know, hard to separate signal from noise on that.