NYEnvy109
    NYEnvy109's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 822

NHL System - Backtesting?

Hello everyone. I've been playing around in excel with stats of hockey and I think I came across something that might work. It's definitely way early to get excited b/c I only used it once (today). But it went 2-1.

I'm new to backtesting; I normally just test it out in current season by either watching the games or betting very little. Would it be possible to get stats for each team for past seasons? Also, I wouldn't mind sharing the excel sheet (it's pretty self explanatory) if someone knows a fast way to backtest that wouldn't mind doing it.

thanks for your help in advance.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Depends on the stats you're looking for but Covers shows past lines, o/u, wins/loses, opposing goalie and probably some other shit I'm not thinking of.

NYEnvy109

I need GF/GA; goalie save pct, etc but "snapshots" (no pun intended) of the year. Ex. I would need their stats for games played up to the game I am capping.

Prob not possible. I'll just continue to monitor this season.

Thanks for your help tho. might start a new thread to monitor picks

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by NYEnvy109 View Post
    I need GF/GA; goalie save pct, etc but "snapshots" (no pun intended) of the year. Ex. I would need their stats for games played up to the game I am capping.

Prob not possible. I'll just continue to monitor this season.

Thanks for your help tho. might start a new thread to monitor picks
    If you can find game by game data to scrape, should be quite simple to track teams based only on the games previously played prior to a certain date.

NYEnvy109

Thanks. Would you know of good stats software or good stat websites? I would like to use it for football as well. Right now I manually enter data for last 4 games to get averages; it'd save me a lot of time to just have website/software that I can grab from.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I'm not sure of the good scraping sites, but some of the people here do know, someone hopefully will give you a list shortly.

hutennis
    hutennis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3253

Quote Originally Posted by NYEnvy109 View Post
    Hello everyone. I've been playing around in excel with stats of hockey and I think I came across something that might work.
    Yes it might, but ONLY if those whose odds your gonna take on your hockey bets have missed this aspect of the game completely and thus did not have this information priced in already.
    You must be very certain on that, otherwise you may operate under assumption that you have an edge when in fact you have none.
    This will cost you.