shackfu99
    Update your status
    shackfu99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2038

3 way line conversion

Pinny gives out a 3 way line with the draw. I can get the 3 way no vig ( thanks The Game). The same match form 5D is a 2 way draws push. My question is: Is there a formula I can use to take the 3 way no vig from Pinny and convert it to a 2 way no vig? The push rate for this subset is 17%.
    What I am trying to figure out is 5D offering me a decent price on the 2 way? Since Pinny doesn't offer the 2 way I cant get a no vig from them but can I convert from their 3 way odds?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carl-Haakon
    Carl-Haakon's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can easily calculate the payout thusly:

Payout = 1/(1/D2(A) + 1/D2(B))

where D2(A) and D2(B) are the decimal odds of, for instance, team A or team B winning when draw=no bet. There's no easy way to compare this to three-way lines (that I can think of); a difficult way would be to synthesize your own DNB odds from the three-way lines. If you wanted to create synthetic DNB-odds for team A winning, you'd bet a certain amount x1 on team A and enough on the draw to win back the money you put into the draw and A bets; let's call this amount x2. x2 can be calculated as

x2 = x1/(D3(draw)-1)

where D3(draw) is the decimal three-way odds of a draw. Your synthetic DNB decimal odds for team A winning would then be given by

D2synthetic(A) = D3(A)*x1/(x1 + x2)

where D3(A) is the decimal three-way odds of A winning.

You could then compare the synthetic two-way odds with the 5D-ones

therealJ$
    therealJ$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Nice avatar

shackfu99
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Carl-Haakon View Post
    You can easily calculate the payout thusly:

Payout = 1/(1/D2(A) + 1/D2(B))

where D2(A) and D2(B) are the decimal odds of, for instance, team A or team B winning when draw=no bet. There's no easy way to compare this to three-way lines (that I can think of); a difficult way would be to synthesize your own DNB odds from the three-way lines. If you wanted to create synthetic DNB-odds for team A winning, you'd bet a certain amount x1 on team A and enough on the draw to win back the money you put into the draw and A bets; let's call this amount x2. x2 can be calculated as

x2 = x1/(D3(draw)-1)

where D3(draw) is the decimal three-way odds of a draw. Your synthetic DNB decimal odds for team A winning would then be given by

D2synthetic(A) = D3(A)*x1/(x1 + x2)

where D3(A) is the decimal three-way odds of A winning.

You could then compare the synthetic two-way odds with the 5D-ones
    Thank you for the feedback. I will put it to use this week.

shackfu99
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by therealJ$ View Post
    Nice avatar
    haha it was that or McCracken.