batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10113

Pebble Beach pro am

I always wonder why "PGA" "elite golfers "avoid playing here except for a few... rose spieth etc.... to me this is one of the tournaments that should really be appreciated and supported..... by the " elite golfers" but then they think the liv players are worthless.... Mickelson for one never thumbed his nose at this tournament....

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

The format sucks with the amateurs. Add 6 hour rounds as well

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

I can see your point.... but one of the things to consider is how the "public" gets more involved when they see well known amateurs out there playing.... it brings in a bigger audience.... and It's the one thing that has been unique about his tournament since Bing Crosby and the clam bake.... to bad the "new age" pro players dont respect history...
    yeah the elite players need to suck it up.....

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Also they need to revamp when they schedule this event. You have the Farmers at Torrey Pines then this but after you have the waste management / Genesis / Honda Classic / Arnold Palmer / TPC Sawgrass. There is talk that they could schedule this tourney before the AMEX. I think only 3 of the top 50 golfers played in the event this year & Speith had to play as AT&T is a sponsor

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Also they need to revamp when they schedule this event. You have the Farmers at Torrey Pines then this but after you have the waste management / Genesis / Honda Classic / Arnold Palmer / TPC Sawgrass. There is talk that they could schedule this tourney before the AMEX. I think only 3 of the top 50 golfers played in the event this year & Speith had to play as AT&T is a sponsor
    yes crying shame how they treat this tournament imop........

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Used to be one of the better pre-Masters tournament fields - Now with LIV, etc, it's barely above one of the low interest fall tournys...

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Used to be one of the better pre-Masters tournament fields - Now with LIV, etc, it's barely above one of the low interest fall tournys...
    the majority of the highest ranked golfers..... didn't have the respect to play the tournament waaay before liv....