Betpoints: 6898

Auburn LIVE...

+270

1x

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auburn is up 4 and was getting the ball back with under 5 min to go and muffed the punt and gave Bama the ball on the 30

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

All he had to do was let it bounce and get out of the way. Then, you rush 2 give him all day to throw and only have 1 Def player on that whole 1/3 to 1/2 of that side of the end zone? Can't make this shit up. I had Auburn pre-game ML. What a joke! I don't even get mad anymore. I literally just start laughing at it all. This is why they are called "GAMES".

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    All he had to do was let it bounce and get out of the way. Then, you rush 2 give him all day to throw and only have 1 Def player on that whole 1/3 to 1/2 of that side of the end zone? Can't make this shit up. I had Auburn pre-game ML. What a joke! I don't even get mad anymore. I literally just start laughing at it all. This is why they are called "GAMES".
    My only explanation is that JV bet Auburn live before that muffed punt with his winnings from the Michigan game and it destroyed it.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20376

Mushed on a 4th and 30 play haha.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

WTF

how do you give up 4th and goal from the 31 yard line???

BRING 5 AND FORCE A QUICKER... SORT OF UNDER PRESSURE THROW FROM THAT RUNNING QB

Alabama just proved what is the better option to do is on a 4th and goal from a long ways out or on a hail mary...

BRING 5 and force the ball out faster

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    WTF

how do you give up 4th and goal from the 31 yard line???

BRING 5 AND FORCE A QUICKER... SORT OF UNDER PRESSURE THROW FROM THAT RUNNING QB

Alabama just proved what is the better option to do is on a 4th and goal from a long ways out or on a hail mary...

BRING 5 and force the ball out faster

Glad I only lost 1 hunge on that. If I had 1k or even a nickel on it; I likely would be in prison by Monday.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

that sucked

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Glad I only lost 1 hunge on that. If I had 1k or even a nickel on it; I likely would be in prison by Monday.
    3.7 unit swing for me

wtf

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    that sucked

I just find it impossible that you could be left with a 1 on 1 in the end zone when you dropped 9 back. And no other defender was even close. I mean if you play quarters you would at least have 2 defenders over there. I think a pop warner team would have 2 kids over there.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

Low IQ players

That was unreal
    Terrible decision to send 3 or 4 people

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

I just find it impossible that you could be left with a 1 on 1 in the end zone when you dropped 9 back. And no other defender was even close. I mean if you play quarters you would at least have 2 defenders over there. I think a pop warner team would have 2 kids over there.
    Where was another defender supposed to be exactly? The receiver was basically hemmed in by the defender and the boundary both on the side and the back of the end zone. It was a near perfect throw and catch in that situation, not a whole lot else the defense could've done except to devote more resources to the pass rush.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Where was another defender supposed to be exactly? The receiver was basically hemmed in by the defender and the boundary both on the side and the back of the end zone. It was a near perfect throw and catch in that situation, not a whole lot else the defense could've done except to devote more resources to the pass rush.
    already bluntly stated ... barely send 2 or 3 and let a guy stare into the end zone looking opportunity where he can capitalize with a nice, non pressured perfect throw form... asking to lose

that's how you lose when you're 99.9% to win before the snap

Eddy Munny

already bluntly stated ... barely send 2 or 3 and let a guy stare into the end zone looking opportunity where he can capitalize with a nice, non pressured perfect throw form... asking to lose

that's how you lose when you're 99.9% to win before the snap
    I get that, but I responding to someone who thought the receiver was receiving "1 on 1" coverage.

We see that kind of desperation play fail all the time, this just happened to be the .01% of the time where it cashes in. I mean even if they sent an extra guy or two, if the Milroe makes a miracle completion (after scrambling perhaps) then people would be incensed that they didn't leave more guys on the back end. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to a well designed, well executed play.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 11-26-23 at 06:31 AM.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Did you watch the play in slow motion and pause it like I did? And rewind it, and watch it again and again? Yeah, because if you drop 8 into the end zone you play quarters. There should have been 1 defender directly on that wr and another defender really close as well. I'm not disputing they should've rushed 4 on this play, but if you're not going to do that then you CAN NOT have 1/3 of the end zone with 1 defender only. I don't care how good the throw was. Do you understand this? You dropped 8 and had 1 defender on nearly 1/2 of that side of the end zone. Between 1/2 and 1/3. Common dude, this is common sense Math you should get.

Eddy Munny

Did you watch the play in slow motion and pause it like I did? And rewind it, and watch it again and again? Yeah, because if you drop 8 into the end zone you play quarters. There should have been 1 defender directly on that wr and another defender really close as well. I'm not disputing they should've rushed 4 on this play, but if you're not going to do that then you CAN NOT have 1/3 of the end zone with 1 defender only. I don't care how good the throw was. Do you understand this? You dropped 8 and had 1 defender on nearly 1/2 of that side of the end zone. Between 1/2 and 1/3. Common dude, this is common sense Math you should get.
    Relax. It's easy to whiteboard the perfect play call. I'm sure Auburn had the right idea with their coverage conceptually, but then you give Milroe an eternity to survey, receivers are running all over the place, eventually people get crossed up in the melee, it becomes playground football and then you have a guy squeeze right between the defender and the boundary. It's just one of those times a team catches lightning in a bottle.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

You pretty much start with quarters based on offensive alignment. If there are 4 wr on one side and 1 on the other then you probably have 1 on 1 and another guy cheating on that side of the field for the "1" wr.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30468

Saban said they practiced that play whatever that means

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Saban said they practiced that play whatever that means
    Situational football... anticipating scenarios where the defense will only rush 3 and drop everyone back. So he probably devised a play for a guy to get as close to open as you can, knowing the quarterback will have time to allow it to unfold.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Relax. It's easy to whiteboard the perfect play call. I'm sure Auburn had the right idea with their coverage conceptually, but then you give Milroe an eternity to survey, receivers are running all over the place, eventually people get crossed up in the melee, it becomes playground football and then you have a guy squeeze right between the defender and the boundary. It's just one of those times a team catches lightning in a bottle.
    they put a guy to SPY instead of having him rush for a 3 man rush.... what's a spy going to do? if Milroe scrambles and goes past the line of scrimmage do you think he is going to make it 31 yards to pay dirt??? LOL

these guys are paid big bucks and come up with stuff my dumb ass would look at and spit on and throw it in the trash

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11830

If im the athletic director, i dont even let those coaches go back to their locker room. you had 4 defensive guys at the line of scrimmage!! You had two of the players watching so QB doesnt run!! IS HE GOING TO RUN 30 YARDS FOR A TD!! Yes, I had AUBURN ML!!

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1040

they put a guy to SPY instead of having him rush for a 3 man rush.... what's a spy going to do? if Milroe scrambles and goes past the line of scrimmage do you think he is going to make it 31 yards to pay dirt??? LOL

these guys are paid big bucks and come up with stuff my dumb ass would look at and spit on and throw it in the trash
    well, consider also that they rushed only 2 guys. so what was worse. milrose had about 2.5 thousand years to decide what he was going to do as the spy put up a recliner and watched him. i can't remember seeing a 2 man rush, or it's rare

a lot of teams that had no business winning won this weekend, nfl and college. agonizing to watch, pick the right team and lose.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1040

here it is. so you got 2 guys rushing on the edges, both guys are double teamed. the one "spy" as moron said is just standing there, he's not even rushing, not forcing him right left nothing. unbelievable how he was just standing there doing nothing.