d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    winners win losers lose
    Winners lose bets too. A lot of them. Can't win without some losing.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Quote Originally Posted by EGrecu View Post
    Air force went for it on 4th and 1 at their own 48 yard line
    With 2 mins to go. It was such an unbelievably dumb call cause they had a 9 pt lead and had the ball first in second half. Why not punt the fukking ball? You have a running offense that sucks in 2 min drill

Baylor got a cheap td there. It should have been 9-0 going into half, which would have made the 44 a lock
    You're right on both counts. I knew Calhoun would go there, instead of the smart play to punt. He does that crap all the time,

At the end, no idea why Baylor would go for two there. As you said, the extra point makes it 16 and keeps the game alive. They miss the 2, it's a three-possession game.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

The Baylor coach went for it on 4th down countless times in his own territory and early in the game too. These coaches think they're smaaaat by doing this 4th down shit all the time, but as most of the time it backfires. I can see taking a risk in the 4th quarter in your own territory, but 1st quarter and every other dam time from there on out? That coach threw the game away and they lost momentum. If you punt, then you might get some momentum from your defense.

Look at Brady Hoax tonite. End of 1st half. I had SDST 1st half giving the points by the way. Seriously, they did everything possible to blow that 1st half lead. Then, I thought I had it won right? Yup. Up 4 points they get the ball on an INT around the 40 or something. Sure enough, they go for it on 4th and 1 and don't get there in their own end. Tack on a 15 yard penalty because the player said something to the ref and MTU is in FG range.

All Hoax had to do was punt that fukkin' ball and the half is over. You really can't make this shit up. I could outcoach 90% of the college coaches if I could coach from the box up top.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Any coach who goes on 4th down in there own half should be fired immediately.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BlueChip1100

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Is 20k code for $2.00?

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Any coach who goes on 4th down in there own half should be fired immediately.
    On 4th and short, kicking almost always means less expected points. Win probability obviously depends on game situation. Original research on this is now over 10 years old, when there was less scoring, which means the advantage is even more pronounced.

One of the better pieces: http://www.advancedfootballanalytics...dy-part-4.html

Yes, I know college is different than NFL. But often that difference is stronger offense and weaker kicking. Baylor had more yards per play than the average NFL team.

Natty68
    Natty68's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2481

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I've lost so many big parlays by a single point that it doesn't even affect me anymore.
    Agreed. You might as well have lost it by a hundred for all the difference it makes. My GF still gets excited when the slot she's playing is one tick away from jackpotting. Oh, Oh it's getting close to hitting!! I can only give her a gentle pitying smile.
    Last edited by Natty68; 12-25-22 at 11:46 AM.

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

jUST A TEST. tHANKS

BlueChip1100
    BlueChip1100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Dude, with 20K parlay on the line, I bet you your heart was pounding so hard everyone around you can hear it. I've been there many times and felt like sh.it man. I just ended up drink so much just to forget it. You should try that too. Maybe that would lower your blood pressure and anger.

20k parlay almost hit is a real rare opportunity. No wonder why you are so pissed. Not to mention, that sh.it is depressed as fck.
    Last edited by BlueChip1100; 12-27-22 at 09:31 PM.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Least it wasnt a 100k parlay this time hey Grecu?

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I've lost so many big parlays by a single point that it doesn't even affect me anymore.
    Man me too. I have two separate situations that come to mind first. I can’t remember the years but within in the past 5 years. One of an MLB parlay. I parlayed every game on the board, 15 games. Had some miraculous come backs to keep the parlay alive. At this point I had won 14 of 15 with the last game of the night being Giants vs Dodgers. I had Dodgers ML. Giants win 2-0. That was for 89k.

The other was NFL. Week 17, bet every game on the board. Only loss was Ravens vs Bengals. I bet Bengals to cover because Ravens had just clinched playoffs so i figured they’d let off the gas. No, they win and cover. Obviously I’m a Ravens fan, so im watching with other people. Inside im FUMING. Everyone asking me why im so upset when the Ravens won. I had to fake being happy. I can’t remember the amount but was for a a large amount as well

First 12