SBR Andy
    SBR Andy's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 439002

Pac-12 Championship Friday

USC looks to avenge their 1 point loss to Utah earlier in the year and punch their ticket to the CFP on Friday night in Vegas. The Trojans' offense is scary with Caleb William at the helm, but there are a couple of stats I saw that give some pause:

USC is +23 in turnover margin this season. The next closest team is +14. That is a huge outlier and something they have relied on to win some games this year. Their defense ranks 91st (405 ypg) despite this. In what is likely to be a shootout (O/U 67.5), I'd rather count on Utah to get a key stop.

Going with the Utes +3 (-115) at Draftkings. What do you guys think... Any chance of some 'questionable officiating' to help get USC into the playoff?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

Just before seeing this thread I was hoping to bet Utah in the BtB contest, but the line isn't up now.

Some analytics ranking systems I've seen think Utah is better than USC. I'm waiting to bet actual $ on this because I think the public could pile on this one all the way to 3 1/2, but I am looking to bet it pretty heavy wherever the price lands.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Im seriously thinking about the over also!

and maybe have a few pretzels for the game

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

usc ml no value but its the right choice

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Andy View Post
    USC looks to avenge their 1 point loss to Utah earlier in the year and punch their ticket to the CFP on Friday night in Vegas. The Trojans' offense is scary with Caleb William at the helm, but there are a couple of stats I saw that give some pause:

USC is +23 in turnover margin this season. The next closest team is +14. That is a huge outlier and something they have relied on to win some games this year. Their defense ranks 91st (405 ypg) despite this. In what is likely to be a shootout (O/U 67.5), I'd rather count on Utah to get a key stop.

Going with the Utes +3 (-115) at Draftkings. What do you guys think... Any chance of some 'questionable officiating' to help get USC into the playoff?
    good info, Mate

as far as officiating, if U$C loses, Ohio State takes their place in the Top 4, and that is still great for ratings. they have a HUGE following all over the country.

Yes, U$C has been bend bend bend and then get turnovers at timely spots.

it has saved them all season long.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

USC's Coaching staff mismanaged their remaining timeouts in the deciding fourth quarter of the first matchup. Had they called time out at the 1:30 mark they would of had a much better chance of driving down field for a winning field goal. At game's end there was still one time out available.
    Since that machtup USC has moved forward while Utah has regressed. USC is the play here to my mind's eye.
    Kincaid props if available provide some interesting side and hunch angles in this spot. He was a one man show in their October matchup. Also Utah received more than their fair share of referee's calls in that game.
    Looking forward to viewing this football game tomorrow.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

Utah will beat them again, wrong team favored.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Utah is ONLY good at home

Remember that

And it took a miracle to win the first game, at home

And Utah's top RB Thomas decided he's done with college, not playing anymore

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Utah is ONLY good at home

Remember that

And it took a miracle to win the first game, at home

And Utah's top RB Thomas decided he's done with college, not playing anymore
    great points however,

Utah lost by 3 AT FLORIDA
    lost by 10 at UCLA (outlier)
    lost by 3 at OREGON

this game is at a NEUTRAL location.

Thomas being out is a huge thing.