bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

New NCAA Bowl Games

The NCAA approved a total of 31 Bowl Games for the upcoming season. Four of them will be new ones, led of course by the brand new BCS Championship Game. The other three new Bowl Games are the the International Bowl, which will be held in Toronto, Canada (making it I believe the first college bowl game ever to be held outside of the U.S.), the Birmingham Bowl and the New Mexico Bowl. A fifth new game, the Houston Bowl, may be approved in June.

31, maybe 32 Bowl Games...as much as i like bowl games, i feel thats way too many.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Yeah, enough with the bowls, let's get a playoff system going PLEASE.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

what a waste....kind of embarrassing if you don't make one with the way things are set up now.

bigboydan

i guess theres one way of looking at it. more MAC teams will get bowl bids.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a degenerate and love that there will be more holiday football...I hope it goes to 32 games...I really think they are setting up at least a 1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3 and then the and one championship game for say 2008 or 2009...

bigboydan

pags, think of the teams you will be seeing in those bowl games though. your really going to see these bowls scraping the bottom of the barrel this year.

pags11

I agree Dan...we'll probably see more MAC, WAC and MWC teams, but I really do think this is great...I really think they are moving towards an eventual 8 team playoff...a 16 team playoff would be outstanding, and then they can still do the other bowl games...but I can seriously see it moving in this direction...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

If they keep adding bowls, there will be no reason to play a regular season. Just start the Bowl season, because every team will be in the post season in due time.

pags11

yeah, like a third of the D-I teams make a bowl now I think...