JJOdin
    JJOdin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch

What is everyone thinking on this fight? My feeling is that this is going to be a close one. I like St. Pierre by decision. But Fitch is an underrated fighter. The guy has taken out Alves, Sanchez, and more.

Anyway-- See the preview below:

Submit To MMA

That's right, folks. Georges St. Pierre will be taking on Jon Fitch at UFC 87 on August 9th at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In terms of hype, this one doesn't have nearly as much as St. Pierre's fights against Matt Hughes, B.J. Penn, and Matt Serra did. But that doesn't mean that Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch should be receiving less hype.

Actually, this fight should be as hyped as they come.

Georges St. Pierre will bring an overall MMA record of 16-2 into his UFC 87 main event battle against Jon Fitch. In sum, he's probably the most explosive and athletic fighter pound for pound to ever grace the Octagon. That means strength, speed, and straight out power are all his friends. Even with that, things wouldn't be as impressive if he were technically lost.

To read the rest of this article, following the link: http://www.submittomma.com/articles/stpierre_fitch.html

Robyn
    Robyn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Those who follow MMA (the UFC in particular) should be pretty excited about most of the fights they have been bringing to the table.

I personally, think that GSP is a force to be reckoned with...but he is human after all and can be defeated.

JJOdin
    JJOdin's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's the thing: St. Pierre should win but Fitch has enough to make this one interesting for sure.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Jon Fitch is probably the most underrated fighter in the UFC. I'm guessing casual UFC fans don't even know who he is. This has fight of the night written all over it. Too close to call. Rooting for Fitch but think St. Pierre may take it. And if he does I would soil myself if I saw PENN vs. ST. PIERRE or A. SILVA vs ST. PIERRE.

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

gsp, hes a better wrestler/in everything, he will beat fitch first round, if not first, then early second

MMAJOE
    MMAJOE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

I see it a tougher fight than that . This fight will be going to the ground . Ever since the Serra KO GSP doesnt like to stand that much .Fitch stand is not that great . I do believe his JJ is better than GSP but i have to give a slight advantage to GSP in the wrestling . I see this fight going 3-4 rounds with GSP working big elbows and fitch try to catch GSP with a sub .This fight could go the distance and at +360 i will lay a little money on that .

Im looking fowaqrd to the Huerta vs Florian and Lesnar vs Hearing fights

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Jon Fitch is probably the most underrated fighter in the UFC. I'm guessing casual UFC fans don't even know who he is. This has fight of the night written all over it. Too close to call. Rooting for Fitch but think St. Pierre may take it. And if he does I would soil myself if I saw PENN vs. ST. PIERRE or A. SILVA vs ST. PIERRE.
    The fight of the night is Huerta against Florian

Saunders FTW

Quote Originally Posted by MMAJOE View Post
    I see it a tougher fight than that . This fight will be going to the ground . Ever since the Serra KO GSP doesnt like to stand that much .Fitch stand is not that great . I do believe his JJ is better than GSP but i have to give a slight advantage to GSP in the wrestling . I see this fight going 3-4 rounds with GSP working big elbows and fitch try to catch GSP with a sub .This fight could go the distance and at +360 i will lay a little money on that .

Im looking fowaqrd to the Huerta vs Florian and Lesnar vs Hearing fights

wow +360... a full 5 rounds is a while. But if sean sherk is fighting and you know hes gonna win, the full fight for that one would be around -600

Saunders FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    The fight of the night is Huerta against Florian

i agree, this fight stands out the most in this ppv