rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Saturday Boxing Plays

3* Kermit Cintron by KO -210: Great matchup for Cintron in what could end up being the most exciting fight on tomorrow's card. Matthysse will be willing to trading punches with Cintron in the middle of the ring, a recipe for disaster. While still a step below the elite fighters at 147, Cintron has been impressive since the beating he took against Margarito two years ago. He's still largely a slugger, but he's improved his jab, while his defense has also shown improvement under Manny Steward's guidance. Stylistically, Cintron couldn't ask for a better opponent than Matthysse, who will engage in the slugfest that Kermit desires. Matthysse is a solid puncher, but his defense is almost nonexistent. He may last into the middle rounds and will likely land some big shots, but a mid-late round stoppage in favor of Cintron is inevitable.

1.5* Roy Jones v. Anthony Hanshaw OVER 11.5 -140: Roy's never been a fighter to take many chances, instead relying on his immense physical tools to outclass his opponent. At his advanced age and as his skills have diminished, Roy is even less active offensively. While still a fairly powerful puncher, Jones failed to earn a stoppage in his last fight against the thoroughly over-matched Prince Badi Ajamu. Against a far more capable opponent in Hanshaw, a stoppage seems extremely unlikely. While Hanshaw has a legitimate chance of winning the fight, his best chance of doing so is out-pointing Jones and taking a decision. Hanshaw is a solid puncher with decent power, but Roy, while no longer possessing the reflexes that made him virtually unhittable in his prime, is still an exceptionally smart fighter who won't put himself at risk by trading punches with the younger fighter. I see this one going the distance.

drftrader
    drftrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've got the over also on Jones/Hanshaw.

With Cintron/Matthysse I've got the Under. Both have huge KO%'s, 25 of 27 wins for Cintron and 25 of 26 by way of ko for Matthysse. I like Cintron for the win though. I think he is a better power puncher, throwing from all angles.

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by drftrader View Post
    With Cintron/Matthysse I've got the Under. Both have huge KO%'s, 25 of 27 wins for Cintron and 25 of 26 by way of ko for Matthysse. I like Cintron for the win though. I think he is a better power puncher, throwing from all angles.
    The under is a solid play as well. I contemplated taking the under 9.5 @ -195, but decided on the Cintron inside play at only a little more juice for the additional three rounds to get the stoppage. Matthysse is a live puncher, but he's too vulnerable and I can't see him getting the best of the exchanges. Hopefully Cintron finishes him off early and we both cash.

Good luck tonight.

rjt721

2-0 +4.5 units

Thank you Roy for not finishing off Hanshaw in the 11th when he was clearly hurt.

drftrader
    drftrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great fights tonight. Had the best night ever 5-0. Congrats to all who made $$.