djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

It's Official Hatton will fight Mayweather in the fall...

Well, people said that Hatton will not stand a chance with Mayweather, I agree, but I see this fight is the toughest for Mayweather yet... Mayweather called Hatton overrated, but I think Mayweather should look in the mirrior, I'll give Mayweather some props if he beats Hatton....

The reason I hate Mayweather so much is that he talks to much, somebody needs to shut him up, yeah I know he's pretty good playing the bad guy, and boxing needs him for soap opera, but just like all movies there's always a good ending....I wanna see that...

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whoever wins lets hope it`s a classic.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

It's not official. Nothing's been signed.

smallon
    smallon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your headline is pretty misleading as I know for a fact this fight hasn't been made and probably will not happen.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by djeffectz View Post
    Well, people said that Hatton will not stand a chance with Mayweather, I agree, but I see this fight is the toughest for Mayweather yet... Mayweather called Hatton overrated, but I think Mayweather should look in the mirrior, I'll give Mayweather some props if he beats Hatton....

The reason I hate Mayweather so much is that he talks to much, somebody needs to shut him up, yeah I know he's pretty good playing the bad guy, and boxing needs him for soap opera, but just like all movies there's always a good ending....I wanna see that...
    My take is that Hatton was able to jaw his way to getting people interested in the fight and making a nice payday for both guys. I think you are right about the wrestling soap opera part of it.

It's funny how MMA guys are essentially street fighting each other and are hardly trash talking while these boxers are acting like it's raw and personal before a 12 round decision. Just get in the ring and spare us the you-have-offended-my-mama-so-I'm-coming-out-of-retirement-to-knock-you-out crap.

rjt721

Looks like the fight will happen. This will be an absolute massacre. If Floyd's anything less than -400, I'm playing this huge. I'd be surprised if Hatton takes a single round in this fight.

By Chuck Johnson, USA TODAY
    Pound-for-pound champ Floyd Mayweather and England's unbeaten junior welterweight Ricky Hatton are finalizing plans to fight Dec. 8 at a U.S. site to be determined on HBO Pay-Per-View.

Leonard Ellerbe, adviser to Mayweather, told USA TODAY that details will come with an official announcement as early as Monday.

"This is a great fight for the fans," Ellerbe said Friday. "We have two young unbeaten fighters, at the top of their game, from two different countries going against each other. It's what boxing needs."

Ellerbe applauded Hatton (43-0, 31 KOs) for taking the fight, which will be contested at the 147-pound welterweight limit, seven pounds more than Hatton's optimum weight as a junior welterweight.

"I never thought he would do it, but Ricky Hatton deserves credit for stepping up to the plate," Ellerbe said. "He asked for it and now he's going to get it. Floyd is a extremely excited. He wants to show Hatton that he's never fought at this level before. He's going to show him what it's like to step in the ring with the best fighter."

Mayweather (38-0, 24 KOs) defeated Oscar De La Hoya on May 5 in the highest-grossing fight in history to capture the WBC super welterweight title, but Mayweather vacated that title to allow Vernon Forrest and Carlos Baldomir to fight for the belt Saturday in Tacoma, Wash.. (HBO, 10:15 p.m.).

Mayweather still holds the WBC and Ring Magazine welterweight belts, but it hasn't been determined if the fight against Hatton will be a title or non-title 12-round bout.

"Floyd's bigger than any belt," Ellerbe said."He doesn't need it because he's universally known as boxing's best fighter."

Mayweather, 30, announced he was retiring following the De La Hoya fight but he became motivated to get back into the ring after Hatton beat Jose Luis Castillo in an HBO-televised bout and issued a direct challenge to him.

"You saw more excitement in those four rounds than you've seen in Floyd's whole career," said Hatton, 28, who stopped Castillo in the fourth round with a left hook to the liver to defend the IBO junior welterweight crown. The Manchester, England, native also briefly held the WBA welterweight belt before going back down to 140.

Mayweather said Hatton's derisive statement was enough to bring him out of retirement.

"He got in front of the media and called my name out," Mayweather said. "He didn't think I was going to respond, but it doesn't work like that. I've accomplished too much in the sport for him to disrespect me."

On Dec. 8, Mayweather and Hatton will get a chance to work things out.

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Looks like the fight will happen. This will be an absolute massacre. If Floyd's anything less than -400, I'm playing this huge. I'd be surprised if Hatton takes a single round in this fight.
    Prepare to be surprised,this fight will be close.

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by vanman View Post
    Prepare to be surprised,this fight will be close.
    It's a terrible fight for Ricky. Nothing wrong with taking the nice payday, but he has no chance. Hatton's not a natural 147-pounder, and Floyd's speed won't allow Hatton to fight on the inside and hold, as he loves to do. Ricky's not effective at all on the outside. He doesn't have a good jab, mainly because he hasn't had to use it in prior fights, but Mayweather will keep him at a distance and beat him to the punch all night.

Hatton had a lot of trouble with Collazo at 147, and while Collazo's a solid welterweight, he's not in Floyd's class. Ricky's never seen hand speed like he will see Dec. 8.

This fight will be Mayweather/Baldomir all over again. Hatton has a solid chin and Floyd's not a huge puncher, so I don't envision a stoppage, but I think Mayweather pitches a shutout - I don't see Hatton taking a single round.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Now that it really does look official. I think Money Mayweather will win this one easy. Like RJT said, Mayweather wont allow Hatton to work inside and hold.

This might be a fight I actually lay some wood.

rjt721

Floyd -265 is easy money. It doesn't get much easier than this.