JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

What is going on with COINBASE delays?

I'm seeing LONG delays with transfers from Coinbase.

Saying security and bank delays are the problem and reason for the long delays. I bank at Chase and the account is connected with Coinbase and I have never had a problem for years with delays like this up until now.

Is this something new? Has anyone else experienced delays?

Has Coinbase been hacked?

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25242

Just send some of your BTC from your wallet. But do not send BSV this time.
    Points Awarded:

MickeyMan gave pablo222 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Yesterday I got btc sell delayed messages from cb, lasted a hour or so, then went through, had no issues transferring to bank after the btc sell went through

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 31736

Probably because Silvergate is no longer viable

https://www.coindesk.com/business/20...ime-customers/

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I always avoided using a buffer wallet thru the years with success. I guess it's time to start using blockchain.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

https://status.coinbase.com/ is where they tell you about issues officially.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Optional 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

coinbase delay

I just bought some bitcoin from coinbase to deposit and got a message saying it have an 8 day hold on it before I could send it

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2469

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
    I just bought some bitcoin from coinbase to deposit and got a message saying it have an 8 day hold on it before I could send it
    They always put a hold on it like that, think the OP was discussing withdrawal delays which usually dont happen. I get the "free" withdrawal to my bank option the next business day every time despite the 2-3 business day timeframe quoted.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1945

I stopped using my bank in buying bitcoin at Coinbase. Mainly because WF doesn't allow it. But a few years I been using AP and PP at CB.

I noticed for several months that their App is always having problems. It will say like "no connection" or another error and you would simply have to try 2-3x before the transaction goes through. It will always have an outdated acct balance showing as I don't leave anything in there but it will show an incorrect positive balance.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Coinbase? Delete that shit. Only suckers use bitcoin and get clipped on all those fees. Plus so many hacks. Even your local credit union has better security than a massive company like coinbase. Pitiful.

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Coinbase? Delete that shit. Only suckers use bitcoin and get clipped on all those fees. Plus so many hacks. Even your local credit union has better security than a massive company like coinbase. Pitiful.
    How do you deposit w/o btc?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    How do you deposit w/o btc?
    I play on fanduel draftkings etc. Straight deposits from my debit card, no fees. Instant access, just punch in my cvv and money is transferred in less than a second. When I wasn't playing on those sites, I'd play local. 3000 a week limit. Nothing to worry about in terms of taxes, in terms of fees. Pay or pickup once every two weeks. Call it a day.

Bitcoin is a scam bro. It's going to plummet one of these days. Government treasuries aren't stupid. If they want to block bitcoin, they will, and I know they will soon enough. All it takes is for them to leak one article to the NYT about terrorism's affiliation with bitcoin and all these exchanges will be finished. Your money in their will evaporate faster than you can breathe. People will try and get out of their positions and it'll be too late. A Robinhood type apocalypse.

Calling it now.

Headsterx

I play on fanduel draftkings etc. Straight deposits from my debit card, no fees. Instant access, just punch in my cvv and money is transferred in less than a second. When I wasn't playing on those sites, I'd play local. 3000 a week limit. Nothing to worry about in terms of taxes, in terms of fees. Pay or pickup once every two weeks. Call it a day.

Bitcoin is a scam bro. It's going to plummet one of these days. Government treasuries aren't stupid. If they want to block bitcoin, they will, and I know they will soon enough. All it takes is for them to leak one article to the NYT about terrorism's affiliation with bitcoin and all these exchanges will be finished. Your money in their will evaporate faster than you can breathe. People will try and get out of their positions and it'll be too late. A Robinhood type apocalypse.

Calling it now.
    Ah ok, I'm in California so I gotta use it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Only reason I still stick with Coinbase is because you'd think that your crypto or money is safe because it's proven the test of time and still leading the market in crypto exchange. Fees do suck though when making any transactions.

Someone is getting filthy rich off that shit and it ain't us little guys!

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

blockchain.com

You never will go or use anything else after that

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    blockchain.com

Not true as I used it I’m back using Coinbase. BC has higher fees and has fewer means to deposit than CB. I can use AP and PP with CB and not BC.

Goat Milk

blockchain.com

You think I would ever submit private information to a website called blockchain.com?

No, I have common sense.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I like shinny things. Ever held one of these bad boys in your hands? It's fun..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-16-23 at 05:39 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Only reason I still stick with Coinbase is because you'd think that your crypto or money is safe because it's proven the test of time and still leading the market in crypto exchange. Fees do suck though when making any transactions.

Someone is getting filthy rich off that shit and it ain't us little guys!
    it's fine as an exchange to get your money in and out of crypto.

But don't store your savings there Jibbby. It's an unnecessary and real risk.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Just send some of your BTC from your wallet. But do not send BSV this time.
    Oh wow Pablo 😂😂

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'll say again I like shinny new objects! Even the big silver bars are fun to hold in hand.. Cheap mans option to gold bars but still works!

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5168

lol crypto as warren buffet said f offered all of it in the world for $25 he say no .... because you need to find another dope to pay more for it than you did .................

I'm goona laugh when it crashes to zero and the big guys walk off with billions in profits

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

You think I would ever submit private information to a website called blockchain.com?

No, I have common sense.
    I have zero idea what you're babbling about

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    lol crypto as warren buffet said f offered all of it in the world for $25 he say no .... because you need to find another dope to pay more for it than you did .................

I'm goona laugh when it crashes to zero and the big guys walk off with billions in profits
    Just say you're poor and can't afford 1 BTC

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    What is going on with COINBASE
    Coinbase warned by SEC of potential securities charges.

Coinbase shares fell nearly 12% in extended trading after the news broke on Wednesday, adding to an 8.16% drop during regular trading hours.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave icon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8902

SEC is starting to tighten the noose around Coinbase's neck.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8902

I have zero idea what you're babbling about
    Brock is not banned, Ive been gone too long.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15108

Calling it now.
    The US dollar is in more trouble than bitcoin. China and Russia don't trade in US dollars. Indonesia pulled the plug on **** and **********. If the US continues to punish people with sanctions using the US dollar, the world's currency will change. Some day it may go to bitcoin or another currency not controlled by any one country.

World's reserve currency:
    France 1720-1815
    GB 1815-1920
    US 1921-present

Yellen is going to pick and choose which banks to bail out. Those with more than $250k in one bank could be in serious trouble.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 03-24-23 at 02:10 AM.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    SEC is starting to tighten the noose around Coinbase's neck.
    SEC allowed Coinbase to go public and now they are trying to change the rules. I hope they do go after Coinbase. It's our best chance to win a case vs. the SEC.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18880

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    SEC allowed Coinbase to go public and now they are trying to change the rules. I hope they do go after Coinbase. It's our best chance to win a case vs. the SEC.
    You probably know but Tron is on their hit list, too.

They (SEC) are going after crypto full force. It's war. There are some shady actors in crypto but there are places like Coinbase who want to comply but the SEC doesn't ever come out and truly define the rules. The SEC has been able to sit in the weeds and come out whenever they want with fines/penalties. A company like Coinbase can take them to court and make them define the rules with "case law" - judgements that can be referred to in future cases.

I think the FTX thing was meant to kill or do big harm to crypto. I think the crash of SVG, Signature and Silvergate were meant to do the same but failed spectacularly when other banks started experiencing bank runs. They had no choice but to bail them out, haha.

The whole house of cards (US economy) is hanging on by a thread.

You may see crypto interests leave the USA to get away from the SEC. The USA will fall behind adoption. Stupid.

It was really encouraging to see crypto (mostly Bitcoin) spike up during the bank runs. Like whack-a-mole, it is proving to be resilient. The USA can ban it but that won't stop it.

icon

the world's currency will change. Some day it may go to bitcoin

SEC is training its guns on Coinbase because they provide users with an on-ramp to stablecoins which threaten the USD.

The USA will not allow its currency to be supplanted by an external cryptocurrency.

icon

the current holder of the global reserve currency (USA) has the most to lose from a migration to crypto, so it makes sense that they will push back ferociously against this trend.

The rest of the world, though, doesn't have the same motivation, and can afford to appear to be taking a hands-off approach.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    the current holder of the global reserve currency (USA) has the most to lose from a migration to crypto, so it makes sense that they will push back ferociously against this trend.

The rest of the world, though, doesn't have the same motivation, and can afford to appear to be taking a hands-off approach.
    Throw BRICS in the mix.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    You probably know but Tron is on their hit list, too.

They (SEC) are going after crypto full force. It's war. There are some shady actors in crypto but there are places like Coinbase who want to comply but the SEC doesn't ever come out and truly define the rules. The SEC has been able to sit in the weeds and come out whenever they want with fines/penalties. A company like Coinbase can take them to court and make them define the rules with "case law" - judgements that can be referred to in future cases.

I think the FTX thing was meant to kill or do big harm to crypto. I think the crash of SVG, Signature and Silvergate were meant to do the same but failed spectacularly when other banks started experiencing bank runs. They had no choice but to bail them out, haha.

The whole house of cards (US economy) is hanging on by a thread.

You may see crypto interests leave the USA to get away from the SEC. The USA will fall behind adoption. Stupid.

It was really encouraging to see crypto (mostly Bitcoin) spike up during the bank runs. Like whack-a-mole, it is proving to be resilient. The USA can ban it but that won't stop it.
    They fall behind on adoption. Jobs will go to other countries. The US is making a huge mistake in trying to kill crypto instead of working with crypto.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18880

They fall behind on adoption. Jobs will go to other countries. The US is making a huge mistake in trying to kill crypto instead of working with crypto.
    It's like there is one big fleecing of the system before it fails. They're going to print money all the way till the end. Joe Average is clueless and will only see prices double, triple, quadruple......

I started talks with my 98 year old mother about buying some gold/silver or even crypto. She has everything in a bank. She said she was insured by FDIC for up to $250K. Ha, I would not trust the FDIC to be able to deliver. Talks are ongoing.

12 Last