Originally posted on 02/18/2024:

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
I don't think you can be sure about that.

70 years of having bases and missiles on their land and the benefits to USA from that would way outstrip any net cost just to start with the value taken against a guarantee America would stand with NATO countries if needed.

Now you're needed and people are wringing their hands how unfair it is?

But more than that, why do you assume US defense would cost less if you abandoned NATO?

Very good chance it would require a large expansion and adjustment of military assets to keep US security where it is now.

It's over simplifying it saying we are spending 60 billion this month and I wasn't asked about it.

Your grandfathers generation made the deal, your fathers generation took full advantage of that deal and you are the actual beneficiary of all the money and effort that went into maintaining the agreement for all these decades.

Do you believe Trump that generations of American presidents and congresses are so stupid they make and keep deals not in the country's interest?

If so, stop and think about it using your own brain and not the American-victimists who are just trying to make you angry. Nothing here to be angry about. It sucks but it has to be done. 70 years of tickets need to be cashed.

No idea really. But I do think it's the natural outcome eventually.
I agree, the greed of the American 1% is driving the country to ruin. They don't care about the country, just how much money they can suck out of it before the shit house goes up in flames.