Originally posted on 12/19/2023:

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
Full article can be found at Stansberry. The answer , as I've offered before is INFLATION. Let's all be hopefull it doesn't rear its ugly head again. See the National Debt answer.
Madison, I won't pretend to be a great economist. But I'll present my view on things:

1) I think Inflation will continue. To the extent that we view Inflation = purchasing power. US govt prints USD, they create a fat supply. Prices go up. One can afford fewer items at the grocery store.

2) US Debt ratio is now too high. Have to service the debt. Interest on the debt exceeds the US tax income. USA is insolvent.

3) What does the USA produce? In particular, what types of jobs do young Americans get into? IMHO, a productive economy makes things and repairs things. I don't see that. And I don't see the young American as being an ambitious worker.

4) USA becames a credit economy after the monetary decisions in 1965 and 1971. American companies report their annual statements in USD denominations. OK, from what year? If the underlying USD value is much less solid, then the Annual Statement as a whole should be questioned.

5) The USD has been used in trade for a long time. What if the USD is no longer readily accepted in trade? That's a game-changer. Ties back to the USA coming off the gold standard. Foreign countries will now look for hard assets.

I know i'm rambling. Just my thoughts.