Originally posted on 04/03/2021:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
Your post is a perfect example of why I hate politics. You just assumed I like Trump. I do not.

I have to say this now because the other side will now attack me thinking I like Biden. I don’t like Biden either.

I was just stating objective facts but you couldn’t handle it because you’re talking out of emotion.

It’s stupid to mix politics and sports. Sports are for entertainment. If I want to watch politics, I would go watch CSPAN. Obviously people and corporations can say what they want or make their own business decisions. Just don’t expect fans to keep showing up.

Imagine a world in which we start cancelling everything we disagree with. We wouldn’t have anything left.

Atlanta is a liberal city. Georgia voted blue. The MLB is hurting people who have nothing to do with the decision. To me, that is a dumb move.

Are we going to move the game to New York where we have Cuomo? What a joke.
I didn’t assume you liked Trump. I mentioned Trump because every time someone says sports should not intersect politics, they refuse to admit that Trump interjected most of what we’ve seen the last 4 years. He used sports to spew his false outrage and his base is still eating up today. Sports and politics have always intersected. Jessie Owens sprinting across the finish line was a huge Fukk you to Adolph Hitler. Muhammad Ali throwing his gold medal in the Ohio river was another political statement. I am for certain that many at SBR would be cursing Juan Carlos and Tommie Smith if they were living back then. SBR resident racists would say, how dare they raise a black fist. Shut up and run. You may not like what MLB is doing but history will always be on the side of what’s right.