19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10824

Boy dies after mistaking dad’s meth for breakfast cereal

Boy dies after mistaking dad’s meth for breakfast cereal

A hungry Indiana child died after eating 180 times the lethal amount of methamphetamine — which he thought was a breakfast cereal, according to reports.
    Eight-year-old Curtis Collman III woke up early on June 21 and told his dad, Curtis Gilbert Collman II, that he wanted something to eat, the man told authorities, WDRB reported.

Collman II, 41, a power-poster at SBR gambling website, said there was no food in the Seymour house. But there was meth, that he left on a clear glass plate, he told authorities, the outlet reported.

Meth can be crystal like, or brownish in color and could have been mistaken for cereal in low light, the outlet noted.

The child ate a staggering amount of the drug — 18,000 nanograms — toxicology results released this week revealed, the Seymour Tribune reported.

Collman II, 41, noticed his son was feeling sick around 10 a.m. and asked a friend to come over to help check him out, according to police documents obtained by NBC-Wave3.

But instead of taking the boy to a hospital like his friend suggested, Collman II allegedly ripped her cell phone away, pointed a gun at her head and screamed “I’m not going back to prison,” the Seymour Tribune reported.

He allegedly threatened to shoot her, himself and the boy if she called 911, the outlet reported.

The father then picked up his son and allegedly rushed to his mother’s house instead of a hospital, according to WAVE TV.

When they arrived, the boy began turning blue and his grandfather eventually called authorities.

The boy was taken to the Schneck Medical Center, where he later died.

The dad is facing a slew of charges, including neglect that led to the death of a dependent and possession of meth, reports said.

A bond reduction request was barred by a Jackson County judge Friday. He faces up to 40 years in prison if convicted. A trial is set for December 4.

The child’s grandparents were devastated.

“We all wake up in the morning thinking about him and we go to sleep at night thinking about him,” the boy’s heartbroken grandmother, Rita Cook, told ABC-WLOX. “He was just a good little boy.”

He is remembered as a fun-loving kid, who especially liked riding bicycles, riding his scooter, watching SpongeBob SquarePants and playing Minecraft, a video game.

“He was a Minecraft tutorial person — he could tell you anything about Minecraft,” said Cook. “He just loved life. He never was still; he constantly moved and just never was still.”

Meth is a major problem in the area, which made up for more than one-third of the county’s arrests, WLOX reported.

“The meth is still our, hate to say it, drug of choice,” Jackson County Sheriff Mike Carothers said.

FILED UNDER CRYSTAL METH, INDIANA, METH USING SBR POWER-POSTER

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I'd take a big tall tree and a short piece of rope
    I'd hang 'em up high and let 'em swing 'til the sun goes down

CDB

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Hang em high in the town square for all to see

(After torture of course)

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

bro come on

a power poster on sbr?????????

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10824

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    bro come on

a power poster on sbr?????????

It didn't mention Georgia.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7576

Can't believe this tragic story.

I'm GIFless.

But I do have an emoji...

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Like in ghetto....feeling down..depressed...you name it...turn to drugs..get addicted...there you have it.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave nyplayer33 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Now, I've never done meth, let alone tasted it - but you gotta figure it tastes like a bitter chemical, right? How the F##K does he eat (and keep down) a whole bowl of it? It doesn't say how old the kid was, but he was a "Minecraft tutor", so old enough and smart enough to spit it out once it hit his tongue. Something doesn't add up - I think the kid knew what it was and got curious - just like all of us have with some substance at one time or another.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

What? No Jibby or downlow willy in this thread?

Shocking.

Microbetter
    Microbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13606

I wonder if the father bought the drugs from BB?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Tragic. Poor kid.