Originally posted on 08/27/2016:

We just have to disagree then Giant.

Several throughout history have given up everything for their people and some not even their own people. I didn't join the military for the pay, public defenders don't, and certainly Moses didn't do what he did because of monetary gain. Thousands of stories during WW2 of families putting themselves in grave danger to help out others, I don't think I need to insult with further examples. I'm sure there are people that are sacrificing themselves for their churches, communities this very moment.

I am not comparing Colin to these examples just merely stating that some people are driven by things other than material gain. If I were to be your friend and I told you the VA has treated me horribly, I'd hope you would take that under consideration and speak on it if given the chance. The problem comes in when the ones we listen to are possibly feeding us a bunch of bs or are misinformed and lead by media. I think Colin falls into that latter category but that is an assumption. Either way he chose the wrong actions.