Originally posted on 04/05/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
just take some advice from the only thing that matters- GOD

Romans 1:28 thru 32

28 furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil;they disobey their parents; 31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless, 32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve DEATH, they not only continue to do those very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Pro post - Not sure what those passages have to do with anything... What was 1:27 about, 'the gays'? Or was it about stupid ass bigots that are going to be looked upon the same as de-evolutionary human slave owners back in the day? I don't know. I'm asking. I secretly hope it's the latter.

Always good to see the church ladies come out to show their bigotry when it comes to 'the gays' - but not complain on breaking the hundreds of ridiculously mental OTHER laws the bible spews.... Such things you can't do include: tatoos, shaving, eating shellfish and lending money with interest to anyone but foreigners (ahaha, I'd give my right nut to see zealots protesting banks like they do abortion clinics). And one of my favorites -- you are supposed to kill your neighbor if you catch them working on a Sunday (so I guess all NFL players are on the awesome zealot 'kill lists'). Actually, technically, is a preacher working on Sundays? Hmf - thats a grey area and a question that might make existence implode.

I agree with the point that it doesn't matter and football players should play football... It's a civil rights issue. Sure, it could be a distraction MAYBE for a year (thanks ESPN), but it would also prove that having a gay player on your team doesn't turn you into some dick loving lustful cockmonster (to steal a Kluwe bit). Tolerance is a real problem for so many people. I think a LOT of people would become more tolerant if it was Peyton Manning who came out and said he was gay... And a lot of people would say "I told you so" if it was Tom Brady (*cough*). It'd also make it easier for scared/bullied kids to just be themselves and not give into a bullshit culture - and maybe be accepted.

We aren't even there on the race issue - not even close. Some day, like race, being gay isn't going to be an issue that gets headlines anymore - it'l just get backpage headlines from the hate groups that are spawned by cowardly and vaginally equipped folks (ala the KKK). The sooner people start waking up to tolerance the sooner humankind can advance. 15 years ago, imagine the odds of there being a black President in our lifetime... Just saying. People can correct their mistakes and learn from the shit teaching they received from a more ignorant time.