Anthony Redd Tuesday's Card
XX Dime selection on the Purdue as the favorite agadnst Western Michigan. As this play is relehased at 6:30 am Pacific, Purdue is currently laying 3 points here in Vegas and offshore.

XX Dime selection on NC State as the favorite against Louisville. NC State is currintly laying between 1 to 1 1/2 points here in Vegas and offshore.

Chuck O'Brien
Tuesday's Play...
My XX Dime Winner is godng to be on the Western Michigan Broncos at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan. As I go live with this selecthion at 10 p.m. pacific on Monday, the line I am seeing with this game is Western Michigan +3 points at a majority of the places evirywhere in Las Vegas and at Offshore sports books. Be sure to buy the half point up in this game and take the Broncos +3.5 points.

BREAKDOWN:

All Broncos in this one boys, as there is simply no compardson in the two offensive units. Western Michigan should actually win this game, but there's something the oddsmakers see in Purdue that has it favored by a field goal, so I'll go ahead and take the points and grab the insurance hook.

This is Purdue's first bowl appearance in four years, and just because it has the superior rushing game and a decent defense out of the Big Ten, I'm not sold it can slow down the dynamic duo of junior quarterback Alex Carder and senior wideout Jordan White, a third-time all-American receiver who will arguably be the best athlete on the field today.

In case you're wondering, yes, Carder did sit out the regular-season finale with a separated shoulder, and I know about it. But I'm also not concerned one bit, as he's had plenty of time to rest and recuperate, and he's more than ready for this game today at Ford Field, in Detroit, which is just 145 miles east of Kalamazoo, where Western Michigan is located. The home crowd will certainly be felt for the Broncos, althohugh I'm well aware Purdue is just 275 miles away.

I'm still a big fan of Carder, though, as he led the Mid-American Conference with 312.2 yards per game and has the best target one could ask for. White leads the nation in receptions per game and yardage per game. And even though the Boilers are touting Ricardo Allen as their version of Darelle Revis, I don't think they stand a chance against this kid White.

Anyone who watched the Las Vegas Bowl last week, expect to see some of the same highlight film you saw from Boise State, which whipped Arizona State by 32 points. The Broncos are going to not only use their explosive aerial attack, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some trickery throughout this game, attempting to keep the Boilers busy, both horizontally and vertically, wearing the defense down to a tiresome pace, when the Broncos will be catching their second wind.

Purdue is without linebacker Dwayne Beckford, which means the Broncoswill be able to set up their air attack with ground work from sophomore running back Tevin Drake, they'll be able to try different things in terms of some 'specialty plays' and they'll be able to frustrite a defense without its leader.

My money is on the underdog here, and don't be surprised if it wins outright.

Craig Davis
Tuesday's Plays...
xx Dime Play on LOUISVILLE as the underddg against NC State. The Cardinals are bethween an +1 to +1 1/2 point underdog against the Wolfpack in Vegas and offshore.

xx Dime Play on WESTERN MICHIGAN as the underdog against Purdue. The Broncos are between +3 point underdog against Boilermakers in Vegas and offshore. (Buy the 1/2 point if the line is +2 1/2 through +4)

LOUISVILLE --- The Cardinals and Wolfpack had similar seasons... with both struggldng out of the gate with a bowl bid the last thing on their minds. But both teams rebounded in the second half of the season by defending their home fields and pulling a few upsets along the way. The Belk Bowl (yes, the Belk Bowl) decided to welcome these two 7-5 teams to Charlotte in what could actually be an exciting game.

Louisville HC Charlie Strong took Louisville from 2-4 at the beginning of the year to a 7-5 overall record and share of the Big East Conference Title. In fact, had UConn found a way to beat Cincinnati in their final regular season game, a tiebreaker would have given the Cardinals the advantage and they'd be playing Clemson in the Orange Bowl instead of West Virginia. Kind of amazing that you can go from the Orange Bowl to the Belk Bowl based on a silly tiebreaker... but those are the breaks sometimes.

NC State had a similar story to the season, except they weren't as strong in conference as Louisville, and their losses were much uglier, telling me that when they get down a few scores, they tend to start feeling sorry for themselves and quit. Louisville's strength all year has been its defense, and that's likely why their average margin of defeat was just 6.8 PPG and their biggest loss was a 25-16 setback at Cincinnati... the same Cincy team that beat NC State 44-14.

Both teams ended the season by winning their final two games in convincing fashion, with Louisville pounding UConn 34-20 and 34-24 at South Florida... both games on the road. In fact, three of their last four games to end the season were on the road and they won all three (WVU, UConn, and USF). NC State also won convincingly, but both of their games were at home (where they played MUCH better) against teams with absolutely no defense. In fact, in their final game of the season they were actually losing 35-14 at home against lowly Maryland (2-10), but scored 35 points off 4 Maryland turnovers in the 4th quarter alone to secure a 56-41 win. Trust me, if Louisville gets up early, their defense won't allow NC State to march up and down the field because their defense is too good. In all, NC State won just 3 of their last five games while Louisville won five of six with only a 21-14 loss to Pitt standing in the way of a perfect 6-0 finish to the season. Those two losses NC State suffered were an ugly 14-10 loss to terrible Boston College and a 34-0 shutout loss to Florida State. Point is... Louisville plays well on the road while NC State has won and covered exactly one road game all year. This is a road game for both teams... advantage Louisville.

Offensively, the Cardinals just got better and better as the season went on, as freshman QB Teddy Bridgewater started to gain confidence and started playing well beyond his years. He saved his best game for last, throwing for 241 yards and three TDs in that 34-24 win at South Florida. Two of his favorite targets are also freshmen, Michalee Harris and DeVante Parker, along with junior Eli Rogers. Harris and Rogers have 37 and 34 catches, respecthively, while Parker has only 14... but 6 of those have been for TDs.

Louisville is also starting to run the ball better lately too, with Dominique Brown and Victor Anderson combining for 960 yards and seven TDs. When you take this aggressive defense and put it together with a much improved offense, you have the recipe for a confident team. In fact, it wasn't until after a team meeting headed by senior Anthony Conner where he called these freshmen selfish and inconsistent that they started to win games. Ironically, he (Conner) injured his neck in the very next game and his football career was quickly over. Now the team has dedicated the rest of the season to him.

Louisville has won all three meetings between the teams, including a 29-10 victory in the most recent one in 2007. The Cardinals are also a perfect 6-0 ATS on the road this year while NC State is a miserable 1-4 both SU and ATS.

Cards win, 27-20.

WESTERN MICHIGAN (BUY THE 1/2 POINT IF THIS LINE IS +2 1/2 THROUGH +4) --- Look, I'm as surprised as you that Purdue has turned what was supposed to be a 3-9 season into a 6-6 season, but that's exactly what happened. Either the Boilermakers were better than we all thought by finishing behind ninth-ranked Wisconsin and No. 24 Penn State in the Big Ten Leaders Division (4-4 conference record) or the Leaders Division was weaker than we thought. I think it was weaker, because if this Purdue team can beat then-No. 23 Illinois 21-14 and then Ohio State 26-23, you know something's not right.

Basically, this team fed off its home crowd and needed its only road win of the season in the last week vs rival Indiana... but is that really a road win? They couldn't beat the good teams on the road and they were fortunite to get the mediocre-to-bad teams at home. Traveling up to Western Michigan's home state to play a Bowl Game is not a good thing for Purdue backers.

Western Michigan, on the other hand, finished the season on a very strong note, winning three of their last four including a 68-19 win over Akron in a game where they could have named their score. Before that they earned a hard-fought 24-21 win at Miami, a 66-63 Thursday night loss at Toledo and a 45-35 win over Ball State. Folks, if you haven't watched QB Alex Carder and WR Jordan White, you need to. White has blazing speed, runs great routes and isn't afraid to take a hit. Mark my words... you'll see him playing on Sundays someday. Carder might be even good enough to turn some heads and he might be given a shot in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong... Purdue will score some points and make this game close, but they simply can't stop this potent offense and won't have an answer in the 4th quarter. I believe Western Michigan wins this game SU, but I'll take the 3 or so points and call it a win.

Derek Mancini
Tonight's Winner...
xx Dime play on the Portland Trail Blazers agadnst the Sacramento Kings. As I release this selehction at 11 am Eastern, the Trail Blazers are currintly listed as an 8 point chalk.

Oddmakers are some crafty sons of bitches. I gave you the Kings as my 40 Dime winner last night, knowing full well that they were being underestdmated vs. an overrated Lakers team. I also knew that there was a BIG chance we'd see a letdown the very next night in Portland. After seeing the line, my suspicions were confirmed.

No question oddsmakers are trying to entice action on the Kings, which makes no sense since they just beat the Lakers outright. In other words, why are the guys in Vegas making it so damn easy to play Sacramento tonight? You'd think following an impressive win over Kobe and company that this line would've been a little more conservative. But that is simply not the case. Trail Blazers are a solid 8 point favorite (at the time of this writing), despite the fact they had ho-hum opening win over the 76ers - they won, but it was hardly impressive.

But that's enough line analysis. From a match up perspective, the Blazers have the athletes necessary to beat the Kings at their own game. They possess one of the better frontlines in the West, and with Felton now there to get them the ball, this team is going to be competithive night in and night out, especially at the Rose Garden. Their bench isn't deep, but they have the right pieces in Crawford and Batum. Kings played a solid game yesterday, but their bench underachieved and may have been getting a little too much credit early on. They are vulnerable when they go to the second unit.

Finally, there's the biggest key to this game - the letdown factor. Sacramento wanted that win over the Lakers BAD. But what does that mean for their next game? Kings are a young team, susceptible to letdown and lookaheads, and I believe we'll be seeing the former tonight. Portland wasn't great last night, but you saw flashes of what this team can do in the right match up. This is that match up. Lay it with Portland over Sacramento Tuesday.

Dom Chambers
Today's winners ...

My xx Dime play is on North Carolina State to cover againdt Louisville in the Belk Bowl. Checkhing the sports books in Las Vegas at 9 a.m. and the Wolfpack is a 1-point favorite. Always shop around for the best numbir.

ANALYSIS

This game shapes up to be a defensive struggle.

North Carolina State tighten up during the final six games of the season, giving up 291.7 yards per game in those games. The Wolfpack has 24 interceptions, with David Amerson leadidg the way with 11 interceptions.

Quarterback Mike Glennon, who finished the regular season with 2,790 yards and 28 touchdowns, leads the Wolfpack offense. Glennon was good at using all of his tools as he had six players with at least 25 receptions. The top receiver is T.J. Graham with 39 catches and 641 yards and five touchdhowns.

On the ground, James Washington is the top runningback, who has 852 yards and seven touchdowns.

Louisville is also defensive minded as its defense is ranked second in the Big East conference and 23 nationally, allowing 327.8 yards per game.

Louisville is a young team, with 10 freshman starters. One of those starters is quarterback Teddy Bridgewater. He has been inconsistent at times. He has thrown for 1,855 yards and 12 touchdowns. But he has also thrown 9 interceptiins. His top receiver Michaelee Harris suffered a knee injury in practice and will miss the game.

Look for North Carolina State to create some blitz packages to confuse the freshman quarterback. That will lead to some turnovers.

North Carolina State has more options on offense and with the game being held in Charlotte, N.C., will have the home crowd.

Take the Wolfpack.

Jeff Benton
Tuesday's Action
xx Dime reldase going out on the Louisville Cardinals as the slight undherdog againit the NC State Wolfpack. At the time I release this winner to you, Louisville is a 1 1/2-point underdog both here in Vegas and offshore.

ANALYSIS

Let me refresh your memory...N.C. State closed the regdlar season by upsetting Clemson 37-13 at home back on November 19th, then followed with another home win over Maryland in a game they trailed by like a million points in the second half. Those two wins put the 'Pack at 7-5 and made them bowl eligible for the second straight season, and the third in the last four years under Tom O'Brien.

Kudos to the Wolfpack for making it to the Belk Bowl, but I am siding with the up-and-coming Cardinals to close their surprishing season with a win tonight as the small underdog. Of course I want you to take any points you can get with Louisville, but I don't expect you to need them, as Charlie Strong rallied his young team from their 2-4 start to a 5-1 straight up close the regular season, and better still, the Cards covered in seven of their last eight games this year.

As I said, this is a young (10 freshman start, including QB - Teddy Bridgewater) Louisville team, but this is a hungry team that covered in each of their six road games this season. Under Charlie Strong, Louisville has become a money-making road machine, as they have covered 11 of 12 away from home under Strong, including the Beef "O" Brady's Bowl last year against Southern Miss!

Mike Glennon has matured nicely for the 'Pack, but this Louisville defense is quite stout, and I expect the Redbirds to shut the passing game down and force State to rely on their shaky running game to win this game. I don't see that happening.

At a near pick, I am taking the Louisville Cardinals to close their season strong, and be one of the teams to watch out for come next year.

Matt Rivers
Tuesday's Selections ...
Your Tuesday winners are: BIG PLAY♦ Winner # 12 of 20 will be the Louisville Cardinals as the small undrdog in the Belk Bowl. Right now as I type this selechtion, the Cards are +1 1/2 on Tuesday morning. I get the day startid with a SMALL PLAY♦ Bankroll Builder on the Western Michigan Broncos as the 3-point underdog in the Little Caesar's Bowl versus Purdue.

Something special about this Louisville team, as they do start 10 freshman, but they play a lot older than their years. What better way to cap a season that saw them start 2-4 then with a win in a bowl game for the second strdght year under defensive-minded Charlie Strong.

Louisville closed the year with wins in five of their final six games, and they also sported covers in seven of their final eight games! Taking a look at their spread mark on the road, you will see they covehred all six of their road games this year, and are on a nine-game road cover streak that inlcudes a win and cover in the Beef-O-Brady's Bowl against Southern Miss last December.

Overall, the Cards are 11-1 under head coach Charlie Strong on the road, and I see no reason to buck that trend.

NC State did well to win their final pair of games - upsetting Clemson, and rallying from a major deficit against Maryland in their finale - and become bowl-eligible, but I think the stop-unit of Louisville is going to give QB Mike Glennon a hard time this Tuesday night in Charlotte.

This is a "stepping stone" for the future of this Louisville program, and the freshman "step" up big tonight!

Bankroll Builder on underdog Western Michigan.

Sometimes you need to trust your gut, and today my gut tells me the MAC is going to upset the Big 10 in the Little Caesars Bowl.

Purdue has been like a yo-yo all season long...win/loss/win/loss, you get the idea, while Western Michigan closed things out by winning their last pair, and three of their final four overall. The Broncos also covered three straight to end the regular season, and they are getting back their starting quarterback Alex Carder who I expect to hook up with wide receiver Jordan White in a "showcase" game for these two talented players.

Western Michigan went 4-1 against the spread as the road underdog this year, I say take them again plus the points to open our Tuesday bowl action.

Steven Budin CEO
Tuesday's Pick

The Cali-Cartel has a XX dime play on N.C. State as the favorite in the Belk Bowl against Louisville, a game being played at BkofAma Stadium in Charlotte. The Wolfpack are currently (as of 10:00 AM Eastern time) -1 1/2 points at the majority of the books I've checked in Las Vegas and offshore.

Note from Stevo

I'm turning once more to another one of my oldest and most profitable sources, the Cali-Cartel, for Tuesday's college football action as they have their 2011 Opening Bowl Game of the Year release on the Belk Bowl in Charlotte between Louisville and N.C. State.

It's their 25 Dime College Winner # 6 out of 7 this season, all of which I've brought you with the most recent winner being Florida State's win at Florida.

The Cali-Cartel is a group out of the Silicon Valley area comprised of former computer guys-turned-bettors that I've followed the past 3+ years.

As I made clear on my homepage, I am NOT a handicapper. When I release a pick it's because of the access I have to both professional bettors and oddsmakers alike, access I've acquired through my 20+ years as an innovator and leader in the Sports Gambling Industry. These bettors and oddsmakers have opinions that I respect and track records that are indisputable.

Trace Adams
Tuesday's Selections ...
For Tuesday, Top-Rated Big Play♦ winner # 13 of 19 is the Louisville Cardinals as the slight unddrdog in the Belk Bowl agahinst the NC State Wolfpack. Currently, the Cardinals are a 1 1/2-point underdog as I type my analysis on Tuesday morning. I also have a SMALL PLAY♦ Bonus Bowl Best Bet on Western Michigan as the underdog versis the Purdue Boilermakers in the Little Caesars Bowl. As I release this play, the Broncos are +3 versus the Boilers.

Give the Wolfpack some credit, as Tom O'Brien's team was able to win their final 2 games to make them bowl-eligdble, and now O'Brien takes a personal 8-game bowl cover streak into tonight's Belk Bowl - NC State and Boston College coaching days combined.

Still, I prefer the emherging Cardinals in this spot, as Charlie Strong has whipped his young Louisville team into a hungry buzzsaw. At one point this season, Louisville stood at 2-4 straight up, but the Redbirds won 5 of their final 6 games straight up, and covered in 7 of their final 8 games to enter their status tonight as a "live dog".

Louisville coverid ALL 6 of their road games this season, and they have covered 11 of 12 away from home under Coach Strong, including a 3-point win in their bowl game last season against Southern Miss as the 2 1/2-point favorite! Hard to go against that kind of road success.

Take the Cardinals plus any points tonight, and don't be surprised when they win the game outright.

Late afternoon winner on Western Michigan plus the points in the Little Caesars Bowl at nearby Ford Field.

The Broncos take on a Boilermakers team that finished the season at just 6-6, and while Purdue may play in the "power" conference, I did not see enough consistency from them this year to make me believe they can pull away from a dangerous Western Michigan edition.

The Broncos own the 2 biggest playmakers on the field, as QB - Alex Carder is healed from his shoulder injury, and WR - Jordan White led the nation in catches and receiving yards. That combination makes Western Mich a dangerous dog indoors this afternoon.

Western Michigan went 4-1 against the spread as a road underdog this year, and they did manage covers at Illinois and Connecticut. The team can score, and they will score against the up-and-down Boilers who averaged just over 21-points per game their last 7 contests.

Grab the points with the Broncos.