BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Risen Star Stakes (2/21)

5 – IMPERIA – Imperia has a 15+ HBD point advantage over the rest of the field as well as a 40+ advantage in our HBD L8 figure. If he is anywhere near this field entering the turn he could win this thing going away. His move to the dirt last time out proved to be successful as he was only a head away from winning the Kentucky Jockey Club at Churchill Downs losing to El Kabier back in November. The long layoff is a bit of a concern, but a return to form should lead to a win here.

10 – INTERNATIONAL STAR –
    If only we knew with International Star was going to show up today. Will it be the impressive IS that won the Lecomte his last time out over a similar field, or will it be the IS that couldn’t fire in the Kentucky Jockey Club or the Juvenile Turf? If he can improve on his last outing he could be the star of the show, his last workout on Valentines day was something worth falling in love over.

4 – JS BACH –
    His 8 length win in his last outing was quite impressive and his pedigree rating of an even 0 is atleast nothing to worry about. He was slated to run in last weekend’s cancelled Southwest Stakes. It will be an impressive jump in class to pull of a victory here and beating the top two will be a tall task, but hopefully we can get a nice price on this one and find some value that could pop a big race.

1 – ST JOE BAY –
    One horse that I have heard a lot from and who will he early speed will likely be the early speed is St. Joe Bay. This horse is going to be a price and for good reason. I don’t see how he can get the distance from the front here at Fair Grounds when he couldn’t finish from the front at a shorter distance at Santa Anita. Add that to a remarkable -22 HBD Pedigree rating for this distance and this horse is a disaster waiting to happen. Would surprise me to see this horse anywhere near the top half of the field at the wire.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

International Star with yet another amazing rail trip...thats two in a row