Login Search

Fly Me #3 "The Resurrection" Sports Talk,Good Tunes,Great Times, Anything Goes

Last Post

Working on an open 4 pick parlay here...

Open Hockey - 7 Dallas Stars +1½ -210 for Game
Hockey - 10 San Jose Sharks -125 for Game Hockey - 24 Columbus Blue Jackets +1½ -210 for Game

First two are in, now rooting for Columbus +1.5, then just one more to get out alive.

I've been training for this...

Here's the KVB MLB Ealry Season Contrarian Fund through 73 plays...

951 14-Apr PHI/MIA OVER 8.5 (-105) -1
953 PIT +164 1.64
956 CIN +110 -1
967 BAL +230 -1
Sun -1.36
Week 1 6.73
Week 2 -3.64
Mon -1.6
Tue -
Wed -3
Thu -0.02
Fri 0.87
Sat 1.98
Total -0.04

Once we get into the the regular season, closer to May, I suspect we some more volatility.

Here's to hoping we are positive units by then.

Decided to close out the Open parlay with the OVER tonight...

Hockey - 7 Dallas Stars +1½ -210 for Game
Hockey - 10 San Jose Sharks -125 for Game Hockey - 24 Columbus Blue Jackets +1½ -210 for Game Basketball - 518 Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets over 213 -110 for Game

The 4 pick pays 6.49 units.

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
That's it, seen enough.

The UTAH/HOU game has bottomed I picked up OVER 213 at even money.

Liking this OVER....
Decided to close out the Open parlay with the OVER tonight...

Hockey - 7 Dallas Stars +1½ -210 for Game
Hockey - 10 San Jose Sharks -125 for Game Hockey - 24 Columbus Blue Jackets +1½ -210 for Game Basketball - 518 Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets over 213 -110 for Game

The 4 pick pays 6.49 units....
Yeah, I sold the risked unit back live, but left a number of units on the table here when it landed on 212.

Hey KVB, i would like to discuss something.

You allways say to get the inplay stats that matter for predicting future games, but i read this post and got confused.

That's as basic as it gets and believe it or not, sometimes the market does little more than that when lines are created and maintained. Sure times have changed and a lot of subjective input has been hardened into what will adjust the line, so the line will move more often than it used to.

Every sport is different, and one can get very detailed in trying to predict the number of possessions and potential scores per possession or the number of hits or shots on goal.

But all these factors have base lines that change. Even the basic one above doesn't offer much unless you start comparing the teams to the league.

I'm saying use weighted averages so that recent performance is calculated into the prediction. Those who stick just to season averages will fall behind quickly.

It may or may not provide value in getting into micro stats and estimated players time on the court, etc. but I wouldn't go around the block to get next door...that too can be a mistake.
and in another post you say this:

During the playoffs Kevin Durant has averaged 7.1 ISO possessions per game.

That's more than Russell Westbrook averaged during the playoffs.

When the Warriors were kicking as during the playoffs last year, KD averaged 2.5 ISO possessions per game.

That game plan alone could give the Cavs a few wins, if not a championship.
Last edited by omedo; 04-15-19 at 05:39 AM.