Login Search

John Morrison 2013-14 NBA Thread

Last Post

Hi thelimit0310,
I've read through your system in post #184, and do have a question.

You wrote: " If the A bet loses however, it *MUST* lose by more than 3.5 points to the given spread to move on to the B/C level. If the A bet loses but by less than 3.5 points to the spread, you take your A bet loss and the series is over. Think of the A bet as essentially a flat bet, but also a qualifier game for the 7/5 system. If the A bet loses by more than 3.5 points to the spread, it qualifies the B bet. PUSHES DO NOT MEAN LOSSES. On the B bet, place your wager to win net 7 units (A bet loss + 7 units), again we are not buying points. If this bet wins, the series is over. If this bet loses we move to the C bet".

My question is if the A bet is loss more than 3.5 to given spread, the we move to B bet, but does B will will use the same filter (must loss more than 3.5 to given spread) as A bet in order the play to go to C? Or only use the filter on A going B?

Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by oldshoebox72 View Post
Hi thelimit0310,

You wrote: " If the A bet loses however, it *MUST* lose by more than 3.5 points to the given spread to move on to the B/C level. If the A bet loses but by less than 3.5 points to the spread, you take your A bet loss and the series is over. Think of the A bet as essentially a flat bet, but also a qualifier game for the 7/5 system. If the A bet loses by more than 3.5 points to the spread, it qualifies the B bet. PUSHES DO NOT MEAN LOSSES. On the B bet, place your wager to win net 7 units (A bet loss + 7 units), again we are not buying points. If this bet wins, the series is over. If this bet loses we move to the C bet".

My question is if the A bet is loss more than 3.5 to given spread, the we move to B bet, but does B will will use the same filter (must loss more than 3.5 to given spread) as A bet in order the play to go to C? Or only use the filter on A going B?

Thank you for your time.
great question

Quote Originally Posted by oldshoebox72 View Post
Hi thelimit0310,

Thank you for your time.
No. The 3.5 filter only applies to the A bets. If the A bet loses by 3.5 points to the spread, we move on to B and if B loses to the base spread we move on to C.

Qucik question .... Buying 3.0 on the Hawks @ the Lakers woulda been a push with them as a 1 point fave . Does that constitute a pass on the B game and a discontinuation of Atlanta on this adjusted version of the traditional system ? Thanks in advance and best of luck tonight , thanks for posting the picks as always !
Last edited by takethepnts; 11-05-13 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by takethepnts View Post
Qucik question .... Buying 3.0 on the Hawks @ the Lakers woulda been a push with them as a 1 point fave . Does that constitute a pass on the B game and a discontinuation of Atlanta on this adjusted version of the traditional system ? Thanks in advance and best of luck tonight , thanks for posting the picks as always !
Atlanta was a one point dog, so with the 3 they WON the bet, not PUSH.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallco99 View Post
Atlanta was a one point dog, so with the 3 they WON the bet, not PUSH.

Thanks Wallco ... i just checked and found that i was looking at the open (atl -1.5) and it closed at a Pick'em , but regardless , its a cover with the three ... You always use scoresandodds for the lines correct ? Thanks again , I was about to put some $ on Atl assuming they pushed , Have a super evening !

Quote Originally Posted by takethepnts View Post
Thanks Wallco ... i just checked and found that i was looking at the open (atl -1.5) and it closed at a Pick'em , but regardless , its a cover with the three ... You always use scoresandodds for the lines correct ? Thanks again , I was about to put some $ on Atl assuming they pushed , Have a super evening !
For the JM systems we use Covers.com. ALL my systems however use ScoresandOdds.com.