Login Search

John Morrison 2013-14 NBA Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeKaptn View Post
I got Atl at -2, 7/5 time for me

According to JMD, Atl was a +1 spread. I got Atl at -2. My spread was off by 4, his by 1...so his spread isn't a 7/5 and thus ends the series. Mine is and I'm rolling to the B bet. Everyone should choose what they want to do. We are only guiding you. Don't place blame if Atl doesn't cover the next 2 games.

Plus, I'm still on SA tomorrow!!
Well, you can do whatever you want, but the 1/7/5 system back test is based on the closing line at Covers.com, so JMD is quite right to publish the Atl result as a 1.1 unit loss to the system.
Last edited by Kev the Brit; 11-04-13 at 07:53 AM.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

BuckeyeKaptn gave Kev the Brit 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. Disciple View Post
TheLimits 1-7-5 system

*Not traditional John Morrison system*

a) 1.1 units to win 1
b) 8.91 units to win 8.1
c) 16.51 units to win 15.01

RECAP 11/3/2013
11/3/2013 V3 PHO (A) +12.5 VS OKC
11/3/2013 V1 ATL (A)+1 VS LAL

NEXT PLAYS
11/4/2013 V3 GSW (A)
VS PHI

PROFIT: -0.20 units
Record
A) 2-2
B) 0-0
C) 0-0

RULES:
Reference Post #184
SCHEDULE: post #78

If anyone has a question please refer to post #184

Closed series via 3.5 filter: Sas and ATL.
much improved. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev the Brit View Post
Well, you can do whatever you want, but the 1/7/5 system back test is based on the closing line at Covers.com, so JMD is quite right to publish the Atl result as a 1.1 unit loss to the system.
Yes, the one I am doing is based on Covers.com also. Jury is still out on taking that 1.1 unit loss on (A) bets. I will hopefully have this backtest done soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev the Brit View Post
Where can the back test be found on this?

New to betting b-ball.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny2k4 View Post
Where can the back test be found on this?

New to betting b-ball.
I will have a full extensive backtest posted this week. Thelimit did an abbreviated backtest based on adding a 1 unit bet to the already existing 7/5 system, that was how I initially set it up, and he said the test showed higher profits than just playing straight 7/5. The new 1-7-5 that I am testing is checking for some new criteria, and so far has looked more promising than my initial plan. The strategy I am testing is the way that I played it last season and did very well with it. I just want to make sure it is more profitable long term, rather then just the season I played and the few year test I had done. I currently have completed test back through 2007-08, with the exception of last season which I will do next. Also, there is one season that I tested last year that I want to double check on. But for now, thelimit has posted the abbreviated test somewhere on the last few pages. That looks good as well.

I'm very interested to see how the backtests without the 3.5 filter turn out. I believe in my very firsts tests of 7/5, before I starting testing filters, showed good results but was very volatile. My goal in the 7/5 was consistent results, which without the filters the 7/5 fell short of providing. One season it was beautiful, and then a few seasons would be negative. I didn't like that. In my original description I have the backtest of 7/5 without the filters and while the winning seasons won more units than with the filter, there were more losing seasons as well. Again, my goal was consistent profits season to season, so that is where my filter came from and it ended up boosting the total of the entire sample over the pre-filter results as well as turning negative seasons into positives. Throwing the A bets into the mix could change this, and I'm curious to see if it does, but regardless my filter is in place to provide more stability and I will probably continue to play it in that way.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

BuckeyeKaptn gave thelimit0310 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

imotiv8 gave thelimit0310 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. Disciple View Post
TheLimits 1-7-5 system

*Not traditional John Morrison system*

a) 1.1 units to win 1
b) 8.91 units to win 8.1
c) 16.51 units to win 15.01

RECAP 11/3/2013
11/3/2013 V3 PHO (A) +12.5 VS OKC
11/3/2013 V1 ATL (A)+1 VS LAL

NEXT PLAYS
11/4/2013 V3 GSW (A)
VS PHI

PROFIT: -0.20 units
Record
A) 2-2
B) 0-0
C) 0-0

RULES:
Reference Post #184
SCHEDULE: post #78

If anyone has a question please refer to post #184

Closed series via 3.5 filter: Sas and ATL.
I'm assuming the play is on the GSW M/L since they're favored by more than -3 pts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretoriano View Post
Today I have information that game in NBA is fixed (Minnesota - Cleveland). If you are interested please contact me. Price for information – 330 USD (250 EUR).

*I don't know when mod from SBR forum block me again. No service which is sponsored by bookmakers don't like people who give fixed-games.

ralf.bromer@aol.com
Do you takes Cheques?