Login Search

Warning: Game could be fixed this week in Madison

Last Post

Exclamation Warning: Game could be fixed this week in Madison

Big Ten officials likely to receive a memo this week instructing them to make sure Michigan wins this game. No way the Big Ten wants Wisconsin to win this game....A michigan win sets up the possibility for a (over)hyed buildup of OSU/Michigan again just like last year and ensures that Michigan has a legitimate shot of going to a BCS game...thus getting 2 Big Ten teams instead of 1 which means more $$$$ for the conference.

Big Ten is cringing at the idea of Wisconsin winning....Refs on high alert this weekend for that. Look for questionnable officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
Big Ten officials likely to receive a memo this week instructing them to make sure Michigan wins this game. No way the Big Ten wants Wisconsin to win this game....A michigan win sets up the possibility for a (over)hyed buildup of OSU/Michigan again just like last year and ensures that Michigan has a legitimate shot of going to a BCS game...thus getting 2 Big Ten teams instead of 1 which means more $$$$ for the conference.

Big Ten is cringing at the idea of Wisconsin winning....Refs on high alert this weekend for that. Look for questionnable officiating.

BB,
I enjoy reading your posts because I respect your capping opinions...But do you have any proof of this? You know, like a copy of the letter, maybe?

Or are you just working on your own conspiracy theory here???

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
BB,
I enjoy reading your posts because I respect your capping opinions...But do you have any proof of this? You know, like a copy of the letter, maybe?

Or are you just working on your own conspiracy theory here???
More just a working theory here but sometimes common sense has to dictate how you think about a game. If you are a Big Ten bueracrat, who would you prefer to see win? Or put it this way, who you prefer to see lose? Certainly having OSU/MICH both undefeated is very desirable in terms of ratings and hype. Moreover, having Michigan go to a BCS game is also financially desirable for the conference and its reputation

I remember watching the Boise State/Nevada game last year and saw the same exact thing happen where the officiating was very poor in the first quarter. I'd be very hesitant to back Wisconsin knowing the Big Ten wants them to lose this game....it's all about money in my opinion.

I don't know about this. Even with a loss to Wisky, UM will head to the Rose Bowl if they beat OSU next week (both would be 7-1 in the conference, UM would hold the head-to-head tiebreaker), so this game has no relevance on both UM and OSU going to BCS bowls. A 3-loss UM would go to the Rose, while a 1-loss OSU would still be assured of a BCS bid.

I think the biggest question in this game is whether Lloyd Carr plays to win, knowing that Hart and Henne aren't 100% and he'll need both to be next week with a trip to the Rose Bowl and the chance to spoil OSU's title hopes at stake. It wouldn't surprise me if Hart and Henne both saw limited action.

If UM does indeed play to win, they win this game going away. Wisky's completely depleted by injuries - PJ Hill's unlikely to go, and the offensive and defensive lines are a mess for the Badgers right now.
Last edited by rjt721; 11-07-07 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark wahlberg View Post
no such thing as fixed games in games where millions of people are watching sorry you are wrong
Okay, so you are telling me the millions of people who watched NBA games last year did not see fixed games after a referre admitted to fixing the games?????

Of course it is natural to believe that games are not fixed and that everything is on the up-and-up....and trust me I want to...but when you are dealing with money, you have to take a closer look. Don't be naive.

You really think the game last night wasn't fixed too between CMU/WMU. Magically the total goes over after it opens at 68.5 and closes at 59 and lands on 65 on the last second with a questionnable call.

Come on man.......it's just an angle for this game but it is something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
You watched any NBA before?
Haha.

Plus, it doesn't have to be a full-blown-80-yard-PI call type of fix. One iffy holding call on Wisc to turn a TD drive into a FG could be all that they need. And no one will call foul on that.

Like the heads up BB. Michigan on a 9 game winning streak hosting undefeated Ohio State looks so much better than Mich coming off a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by mark wahlberg View Post
ive never seen a fixed game in my life sorry believe your fairy tales only people that believe in fixed games are people that give excuses for losing propagnada crap this all is

Okay...so NBA games were not fixed at all last year???? Even after the official admitted to it? Can you please comment on that..... Thanks!