Login Search

9000 betpoints

Last Post

I have over 5,000 points, which I think is the limit (or at least it used to be) before you lose the rest if you go pro.

My question is, if I do turn pro, can I donate the points above 5,000 to charity or something? Or give them to another poster? Or do they just disappear?

In any event, I think the answer is to turn pro, get gift cards with your 5,000 points to cover whatever the cost is of turning pro ($200 or whatever) and then collect enough points for another gift card by next year if you don't use them. But obviously, I'm not speaking from experience -- just from the guys who tell me how -EV it is to not go pro and take advantage of all the points you've accumulated.

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
Looks like it's a $100 charity donation to turn pro, and a $100 Target gift card is now 2,950 points.

So turn pro, lose all points above 5,000, get a gift card for 2,950, then start accumulating daily points as a pro with a 2,050 point balance. Sound right?

Edit -- just saw it gets reset to 3,000 instead of 5,000. So scratch that.

That's right No Coin. All points over 3k are reset, but as long as you don't let your pro membership lapse your points are never reset again.

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
Looks like it's a $100 charity donation to turn pro, and a $100 Target gift card is now 2,950 points.

So turn pro, lose all points above 5,000, get a gift card for 2,950, then start accumulating daily points as a pro with a 2,050 point balance. Sound right?

Edit -- just saw it gets reset to 3,000 instead of 5,000. So scratch that.
Still not a terrible deal. Donate to charity then get a gift card right back for the amount you spent.

After that, the sky is the limit...gift cards for days.