Login Search

08/14

Last Post

Default 08/14

My apologies for not having any picks on Sunday. I had family obligations to attend to. I didn't see many opportunities in the card for that day anyway.

Here's the first for Monday's matches-

Krueger +4.5 over Paire
Mitchell Krueger has had a tough string of luck in the past few months, winning only 2 matches out of his last 11 prior to this tournament. So why am I backing him here? He has gone to 3 sets in his last 5 matches and he should have confidence after beating #91 Fabbiano 6-0, 6-4 on Sunday.

Benoit Paire has not been all that commanding in his recent wins with the exception of a 6-3, 6-2 win over #653 Tursanov. Four of the other five of his last wins have gone 3 sets.

Chris Eubanks +5.5 over Gael Monfils
#638 vs. #17 should end in a victory for Monfils. But he hardly has been putting forth a good effort in the early rounds. The last time he beat anyone convincingly was 5 tournaments ago. In Washington he even lost to the #285th ranked player.

Eubanks, on the other hand, has gone to 3 sets in all but one match in his last 5 tournaments. He's coming off a convincing 6-3, 6-4 win on Sunday.

Krueger comes through. It doesn't get any easier than that.
Looks like Eubanks/Monfils has been suspended.

Square parlay of the day:
Puig + Suarez-Navarro
Puig is a highly ranked player while her opponent Taylor Townsend has been losing to players ranked over #100.
Suarez-Navarro has had some success beating players ranked ahead of her.
Lucic may be ranked hugher than Suarez but she has only won 1 match in her last 8.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
Krueger comes through. It doesn't get any easier than that.
Looks like Eubanks/Monfils has been suspended.

Square parlay of the day:
Puig + Suarez-Navarro
Puig is a highly ranked player while her opponent Taylor Townsend has been losing to players ranked over #100.
Suarez-Navarro has had some success beating players ranked ahead of her.
Lucic may be ranked hugher than Suarez but she has only won 1 match in her last 8.
Puig is going to choke. I have her as the last leg of a five teamer and I just know she's going to choke. Idk why I still back her...she's not in top form.

Just wanted to make some points on the matches.

Krueger
Pretty impressed with this guy winning so handily after being a +4.5 dog.

Coco
Man this girl had a meltdown in the 3rd set. She was openly swearing, hitting shots long and wide and into the net. Maddy almost gave it back to her with some of her shots but Maddy owns Coco so that's why I went with her.

Eubanks
Really like this kid. His overhand is a rocket. He shot some past Rama that weren't that far from him but the speed he put forth just blew him away. Looking forward to seeing him play again. A few more years and he will be toward the top. He looks a bit like Tiger Woods so I'll call him the Tiger Woods of tennis.

I think he could have covered the +5.5 with Monfils. Too bad that match was cancelled.