Login Search

Honeybadger's picks

Last Post

Free money doesn't exist Of course it looks almost impossible for these two girls to pull an upset, but I am not fan of parlaying these very short priced favorites... Azarenka is coming of an injury, so you never know... And despite this being a grand slam, you always have to be careful with SLoane. It's probably going to hit, but I don't think these parlays are a good way to make profit in a long run. Good luck today!

Azarenka -5.5 @1.84 Pinnacle - 2 units
Lucic des have a solid serve and groudstrokes. But she was not in very good form lately and when she hits the wall, it gets ugly for her. Azarenka might be bit rusty, coming back after the injury, but she is still world class. If she wins first set, Lucic will most likely give up in the second set.

Baghdatis -1.5 @1.88 Pinnacle - 3 units
As I wrote couple of times, in past few days. I like Marcos to take this one here. He did everything to be in best shape, for Wimbledon. Brown is getting a lot of love for his performances in Halle, but he is too big of a wild card, which cannot be trusted as a small underdog, against a guy, who can play really solid on grass. Especially because his serve is too big of a liability (double faults), even though it seems really good at the first sight.

Kleybanova @2.84 Pinnacle - 2 units
Upset alert. Lauren Davis has been solid, in past few weeks, playing on grass. But, I think she is bit overrated in this situation. Kleybanova can be very dangerous, when she is able to do most of the job with her hitting and grass allows her to do just that.

Goffin +8.5 @1.88 Pinnacle - 2 units
Seems like too big of a line. Goffin is not such a scrub. He can play some good tennis, especially on the big stage.

Safarova -3.5 @1.99 Pinnacle - 4 units
I really like this one. Despite being heavy hitter and fairly solid server, Goerges is not that great on the grass. She likes to get high bounces, so she can smack those forehands in, but on the grass, she is getting low bounce, and cannot play her usual game. Not to mention that Safarova as a lefty, will look to expose her backhand as often as possible. And also, she is more consistant server.

Saville +4 @1.90 Pinnacle - 2 units
In my wimbledon thread, I said that I am concerned about Thiem's game on the grass. No doubt that the kid has talent, but he simply doesn't have enough matches on this surface and he didn't figure it out yet. I have never watched Saville, but I trust fellow forum member SirtySree (thanks for your input in the other thread), when he said that this is his favorite surface and that he is pretty decent tennis player. After I read Thiem's comment, where he said that if he manages to be at his best, on grass, this one is 50-50, I have to go with Saville +4.

Broady ML @2.85 Pinnacle - 1 unit
I don't know how can Babos be such a big favorite here. Ok, she has solid serve and big hitting, but she is just too unreliable and makes tons of errors, to be trusted as such big favorite.

Muguruza ML @1.81 Pinnacle - 2 units
Overreaction to their match, from last week, which Vandeweghe won. Despite Coco being a serious threat on grass courts, Muguruza is superior player overall. She should be bigger favorite in this spot. I expect much better effort from here in this one, comapring to their match in hertogenbosch.

Australia-Spain. I will not touch this one. Heart and soul of the Australian team, Tim Cahill is suspended and will not play today. Without him, I don't see Australian's breaking spanish defense, which they will probably have to do, if they want to cover. On the other side, also cannot lay goals with Spain in a completely meaningles game, after overall dissapointing performance on this wc.

Netherlands-Chile. Leaning toward the over here. Chile has nothing to lose in this game, only gain. They are going all out for this win, but we could see how dangerous can Holland be from the counter attacks. It could be an entertaining one. over 2,5

Brazil-Cameroon. African team is a complete mess, but backing Brazilians to cover such huge line, has no value. no bet here.

Croatia-Mexico. Everything is on the line, for these two teams in this game. It will decide who is going home and who is going to R16. Mexico played a very solid game against Brazil. They played very aggresive defense, pressing Brazil, already on their own half. With that, they were preventing Brazilian attack to develop into something more dangerous. But, that kind of tactics can also backfire. Croatia has a midfield, which can break that high press defense and that is where Mexico will find themselves in troubles. Croatia pk

Good luck!

Hey HB, how is Wimby treating you ? As usual, I am back with my FIFA leans.

Italy-Uruguay: I really like the under 1H and 0-0 1H. Yeah, 'guay needs to win but they really do not have the midfield to sustain possession deep in the Italian territory. Italy will be defending with numbers, that goes without saying. Most likely, the game will open up a lot more in the 2H, and I think Italy might very well win, scoring off a counter. But on the other hand, we got the Suarez magic so I am not so sure about that one. Still, I think Italy will prevail and go through.

Costa Rica - Wankers, eh England. I actually got too greedy and took Italy/URU to advance, I knew that England would s.ck again but I did not expect Costa Rica to advance, well who did ? Anyway, I am sure Costa Rica will want to avoid Colombia in the next round so all they need is not to lose by too much today. And England might get up and play for pride, and with no pressure on them they might score a few, while Costa Rica might have a letdown game after celebrating for too long their early success. However, I find scenario very unlikely. So I think Costa Rica +0.5@+100 looks nice. Under and 0-0 1H might also be a good angle. I am pretty 'Rica will be defending with numbers early on, until they find the usual holes in the English midfield and start to be more aggressive as the game progresses.

Colombia-Japan: Japan needs to win, preferably by a few goals. However, Colombians playing in front of their fans are not likely to produce a no-show. I think over looks nice. Not sure if Colombia will win, but if I had to pick a side I would pick their ML.

Grease-IC: well the Greek side looked about as bad on offense as Tahiti at the Confed Cup. But they still have a slimmer of hope, all they need is a 1-0 type of win and Colombia not to lose to Japan; this is not an unlikely scenario at all. On the other hand, Ivory Coast would almost surely advance with a draw. So I do not think they will pressing by too much early on and Greeks will be sitting back as well b/c if they concede a goal it is highly unlikely they can score two. I would lean under 1H/FG, 0-0 1H, maybe also Greece +0.5 FG, although I think the game will open up in the 2H again and the much more athletic Ivory Coast might score a couple off counters on the aging Greeks (Dutch/Mexican style), that is unless Greeks somehow do not sneak a 1H goal.