Login Search

Honeybadger's picks

Last Post

Hey HB, that was a $800 strike for me by Ivory Coast, LOL!!! Damn man, I was sweating this game bec I got home from teaching this morning & it was 0-0 in 50th min... How lucky was I to cash both of these??? Hope you are having a good day I am now...

Jun 19, 2014 11:08 AM Total $225.00 $214.29 Soccer - 21013 Colombia/Cote d Ivoire over 2½ -105 for Game

Jun 19, 2014 11:09 AM Future/Prop $200.00 $153.85 Win Soccer Props - World Cup - Group C - Game Props - Colombia vs Ivory Coast - Both Team To Score - Yes -130

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
Thanks for sharing. I will have to think twice about backing Colombia.

Uruguay has not been a European team @WC since 1970. I think I am starting to like the over in that one too. Maybe also a little on 2-1 England (5 out of 10 of their h2h matches finished with that score).
Too many question marks surrounding this second game. I am staying away and just enjoy the football. It should be a good one.

And sorry if I managed to convince you to take the wrong side in Colombia-Ivory coast game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
Hey HB, that was a $800 strike for me by Ivory Coast, LOL!!! Damn man, I was sweating this game bec I got home from teaching this morning & it was 0-0 in 50th min... How lucky was I to cash both of these??? Hope you are having a good day I am now...

Jun 19, 2014 11:08 AM Total $225.00 $214.29 Soccer - 21013 Colombia/Cote d Ivoire over 2½ -105 for Game

Jun 19, 2014 11:09 AM Future/Prop $200.00 $153.85 Win Soccer Props - World Cup - Group C - Game Props - Colombia vs Ivory Coast - Both Team To Score - Yes -130
Great job!

The goals might come in late, but it was fully deserved win, for the over bet. I hope you will not stop there

I am good. Not thrilled about losing 4 unit bet, but I will do better tommorow. I still think it was a decent bet. Difference between the teams were obviously stupid mistakes, which Ivory coast made when conceeded both goals. At first one, they allowed 170 cm tall player to score a header, among 3 of their defenders. And for the second goal, they lost possesion, 30 meters in front of their goal. You just cannot do that...

Sup HB. It is all good about the IC game; I still had a decent FIFA day. I am back to bounce my ideas off you.

I think, the Costa Rican bus is almost of German engineering quality and they will really try to park it well tomorrow to try and steal the crucial point. Italy on the other hand will not be so deadly, especially early on, because they do not play as well against the bus; I also have a feeling they will not be attacking with numbers especially early on. I am liking the under FG and 0-0 1H.

On to the next group, I tend to like 0-0 1H again for France-Switzerland, with both teams not playing that well in the first game. Yeah, France won handily but I would not say they looked that great in the 1H against the Honduran bus. The draw will also suit both teams nicely. In short, I leaning 1H 0-0 and maybe Swiss +1 although I am not so sure about the Swiss. I think France might be able to win 1-0 style. Given the rate at which the overs have been hitting in games where any decent offense was present, one would think the over is the play, but I am not so sure about this game.

Finally, Honduras can also park a mean bus and Ecuador did not look that sharp against the Swiss Miss, eh team. Again, I am leaning 0-0 1H and under. I am not so sure Ecuador will win tomorrow but Hondurans really struggle to score. I might take ECU -0.5/-1 though. Not sure yet. These are my initial thoughts.

Cool then

I agree mostly on the first game. That win for Costa Rica in first game, was a big confidence boost for them. They will take on Italy with no fear. Of course, their gameplan is well known. It will be the same as in the game against Uruguay. Good defending and try to do something from counters and set pieces on offense. As you said, it is unlikely to see Italy to attack with numbers, early on. Yesterday's win of Uruguay over England is not that great for them, because it can mess with their plans for advancing to the next phase, if they don't win today. I think they are aware of the threat which Costa Rican side poses and that they will play patient and careful. Therefor, I am leaning towards the under. That first half 0-0 correct score might not be a bad idea as well. While the spread line doesn't offer any value on the either side, imho.

Switzerland dissapointed in the first game. But I haven't gave up on them just yet. I believe they will be better in this one, as underdogs, where they will not be forced to play against 11 players, defending on their own half. Is that going to be enough to get a point out of this one? I don't know. It seems like chances are 50-50, excatly where the odds are at the moment. France has a great team and I believe that they could make a good run in this world cup. I fancy 1-1 correct score, because of the situation in the group and because I think we will see Switzerland playing to their full potential today. But, I can't place bets, on my guesses. Seeing how shaky Swiss midfield was in game one, despite haveing some good names there, I cannot back them here. Not against the team with Paul Pogba and Yohan Cabaye, running the show on the other side.

For the last one, I definitely see some value with the Honduras +0.75. Ecuador might be little bit shaken, after the was, they lost that game agaisnt Switzerland. Their strenghts are on the wings and those players obviously need space, to show of their speed. It seems to me that they are built for counters, but they will be forced to except completely different role against Honduras, imho. Step out of their comfort zone and attack that "bus". I am not sure that is going to work, because Honduras defends very aggresively. France got past them, with their obvious quality. Ecuador should struggle. Good luck!

Thanks for the detailed reply, as usual. We seem to mostly agree. Yeah, Italy would love to win today because if they don't, their next match will be a real nail biter for them. Costa Rica clearly overachieved in the first game but they still have a pretty solid D so it should be a close one. I tend to disagree with you about Honduras though, there is just not much of a talent on offense there and I think Ecuador will eventually prevail; just maybe not in the 1H. This one might also depend on the ref, but a typical ref@this WC will not allow the leg-breaking D by Honduras to go on unpunished for too long. GL on your plays.

Just as long as nobody scores, I'm happy.

Edit: That was faster than i thought. The under also looks pretty much dead now. But if anything it makes me feel better about the under in the last game. The fact that the French made the Swiss defense look so pathetic only confirms my belief in the solidity of the Honduran bus. I have seen several Honduras games last year and I think I know what they are capable of (namely they defend well but struggle to score).
Last edited by frugalgambler; 06-20-14 at 02:25 PM.

Starting to see the pattern of the teams from South and Central America playing really well, I guess you have to consider it as a home field advantage; they love the climate, they seem to be less tired and they have way more fans.. I read somewhere how Spanish players played way more games this year than previous three cycles they won ( two euros, one WC). Because Atletico and Real played in the Champions league final, Barcelona semis plus the league was not decided until the last game. They are exhausted. Previous times the league was decided early and they didn't have all three best teams in the "final four" of the CL