Login Search

Honeybadger's picks

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
By the way (I may be wrong seeing how I know nothing about football), isn't Spain kind of a trappy line??
Badger was saying that on the previous page. I have them all over my parlays to win and some to not lose as my local bookies offer better odds on public bets like that; badger might be familiar. Anyways, it's hard to predict how the team will respond to a disaster like that in the 1st game; similarly to how Portugal will respond too. I am of belief that as long as things are good in the locker room, the overwhelming quality on their side will prevail. Badger pointed out few days ago how France had issues in the past but they had problems in the locker room. I see no indication of such turmoil with Spain and Portugal. So I pick both Spain and Portugal to win. I was very unimpressed with the USA's performance against Ghana..

Quote Originally Posted by zec View Post
Badger was saying that on the previous page. I have them all over my parlays to win and some to not lose as my local bookies offer better odds on public bets like that; badger might be familiar. Anyways, it's hard to predict how the team will respond to a disaster like that in the 1st game; similarly to how Portugal will respond too. I am of belief that as long as things are good in the locker room, the overwhelming quality on their side will prevail. Badger pointed out few days ago how France had issues in the past but they had problems in the locker room. I see no indication of such turmoil with Spain and Portugal. So I pick both Spain and Portugal to win. I was very unimpressed with the USA's performance against Ghana..
Sorry guys. I had to quit this thread. The United Nations needed my services.
Bringing peace to the former Yugoslavian countries caught their attention.

Good to see though.

Before the Holland game I thought Spain was not as bad as people think. Right now they aren't as BAD as people think. Like you said they have a lot of quality.

The problem is they seem to lack an incisive edge. Who the hell is gonna score for them? They play a mean game of keep-ball but I don't know who the scorers will be when I look through their list.
Mata being injured is influential in this I think.

Anyways my 'secret knowledge' is out (ie. Brazil not as good as markets suggest and Germany better so). Today I don't really have any strong leans. But I will be interested in who finishes second in this group cos I think a bet against Brazil may be warranted if Spain manages to get that vital second spot.

In a potential Brazil-Spain tie I really favour the Spaniards. Brazil at the moment don't seem to be able to score through any avenue than Neymar.

Hmm, I see a few other decent punters who are also cautious about Spain today, but I think they are too proud to go out like this and they should win it. Chile scored two fast goals against fairly shaky Aussie's D and then did not show much for the rest of the match. And I disagree with you that Spain will be the public play, not after that horrible showing against Holland.

I see that zec has already explained this to you: Croatia needs a win, period; they do not care about the goal differential. Which makes me cautious about playing over in that game, I might play Croatia -0.5/-1 after all or just skip it. As for the first game, I am starting to like Holland -0.5/-1 1H@-110. I think they will try to get an early lead and then coast through the match. Let's see how it goes. And after the first 15 mins it does not looks so good, the Dutch seem to have started coasting from the first minute of the match.

@Nguyen
You have a bright future at SBR, given how well you managed to insult me on a personal level from several angles. And that was after my fairly tame reply to your post where I simply questioned your judgement. It is all good, I am not here for your opinion. You have zero rep and pretty soon you will have negative rep, unless you start posting winners on a consistent basis. And I do not see that happening. All your reply proved to me is that you have serious self-confidence issues.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
Hmm, I see a few other decent punters who are also cautious about Spain today, but I think they are too proud to go out like this and they should win it. Chile scored two fast goals against fairly shaky Aussie's D and then did not show much for the rest of the match. And I disagree with you that Spain will be the public play, not after that horrible showing against Holland.

I see that zec has already explained this to you: Croatia needs a win, period; they do not care about the goal differential. Which makes me cautious about playing over in that game, I might play Croatia -0.5/-1 after all or just skip it. As for the first game, I am starting to like Holland -0.5/-1 1H@-110. I think they will try to get an early lead and then coast through the match. Let's see how it goes. And after the first 15 mins it does not looks so good, the Dutch seem to have started coasting from the first minute of the match.

@Nguyen
You have a bright future at SBR, given how well you managed to insult me on a personal level from several angles. And that was after my fairly tame reply to your post where I simply questioned your judgement. It is all good, I am not here for your opinion. You have zero rep and pretty soon you will have negative rep, unless you start posting winners on a consistent basis. And I do not see that happening. All your reply proved to me is that you have serious self-confidence issues.
Haha.

Winning at betting and being popular are most often diametrically opposed. I don't expect your feeble brain to process that.
The winners I post will not be able to be computed by your inferior intellect anyway.
Ie. If I could convince you and others of your ilk of the logic of my moves then whose money are we dividing?

You are merely fodder. Providing the 'dumb money' so to speak. You'll have your ups and downs but you have a negative expectation over the long run.

You should thank me for enlightening you rather than take offense at the brutal truths you think I'm throwing your way.

My betting posts will probably be the most successful ones here in terms of winners/ ROI.
I can tell that much already.

And at the end of the day are we here to suck each other's d#cks or make money.

You are one of those social gamblers I detest. You obviously don't have the computational power required (ie IQ) to have any kind of an edge against other average punters. The fact you need to beg for tips is indication. I mean, sure ask to bounce ideas off someone abbout a play you like ..but if you can't even formulate your own best plays with your own eyes and brain...

What is your long-term future/ expectation in the game? Really.

Modesty and a nice demeanour (with a tad of passive aggression) behooves you since you have no value here except as the 'nice guy'.
I can afford to appear arrogant and my posts will still gain a following cos over the course, over the long run, I'm simply gonna be a 'better bettor' as well as providing entertainment.

You're very lucky you're getting all this for free.

PS If you wanna talk about rep your Holland play has already sunk.

Perhaps consider a change from frugalgambler to "non"gambler dude.

Quote Originally Posted by NguyenImproved View Post
Haha.

Winning at betting and being popular are most often diametrically opposed. I don't expect your feeble brain to process that.
The winners I post will not be able to be computed by your inferior intellect anyway.
Ie. If I could convince you and others of your ilk of the logic of my moves then whose money are we dividing?

You are merely fodder. Providing the 'dumb money' so to speak. You'll have your ups and downs but you have a negative expectation over the long run.

You should thank me for enlightening you rather than take offense at the brutal truths you think I'm throwing your way.

My betting posts will probably be the most successful ones here in terms of winners/ ROI.

You are one of those social gamblers I detest. You obviously don't have the computational power required (ie IQ) to have any kind of an edge against other average punters. The fact you need to beg for tips is indication. I mean, sure ask to bounce ideas off someone abbout a play you like ..but if you can't even formulate your own best plays with your own eyes and brain...

Modesty and a nice demeanour (with a tad of passive aggression) behooves you since you have no value here except as the 'nice guy'.
I can afford to appear arrogant and my posts will still gain a following cos over the course, over the long run, I'm simply gonna be a 'better bettor' as well as providing entertainment.

@Harcoar

Yes, fortunately she retired, to save me from losing 3 units. And regarding trappy line for Spain, as Zec said, I wrote just that, in that preview for today's WC matches. So yes, I agree. It seems like a trap to me as well.

Frugal, you can trust me on that one. Public will be all over Spain. There is nothing that causal football bettor likes to do more, then backing a team, which "needs" the win. If that team has big names players, like Spain, then even better.

Yeah, Zec's infor was helpful. So, I am leaning back to Croatia here, maybe with that -0.75 spread, which you are mentioning. But I have a bad feeling about it. Will decide later...

HB, great assessment of this game, I hope you put some on your prediction, I didn't but man they each scored at least two goals and 20 mins left and Cahill scored in 21st minute.. Well done!
Thanks man!

I didn't took that "both teams to score" bet, to be honest. But I did backed my man Tim Cahill, with 1 unit @6 with Pinnacle. I didn't watch him that much since, he is playing in MLS, but it is obvious he still got IT. What a strike that was! I am sorry for not making that my official play, because some guys might follow. But, this was more of a fan bet, because I respect Cahill so much, so I decided to keep it for myself...

HB, great assessment of this game, I hope you put some on your prediction, I didn't but man they each scored at least two goals and 20 mins left and Cahill scored in 21st minute.. Well done!
I predicted unders for brazil-mexico, and russia-korea. 2/2 in a tournament that's been an overs free-for-all.

I think Chile-spain will also go unders. Can't seeing it being free flowing. Both sides will be tense and chile may try and nab a draw so will stifle play. Spain doesn't have any incisive edge up-front so they may dominate for long periods without getting a goal. Could be 1-0 Chile.

Again I'm not an avid follower.

@Nguyen
Agreed and well said.

The guy has low self-esteem. That much is obvious. Probably not to him though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JC1186 View Post
Agreed and well said.

The guy has low self-esteem. That much is obvious. Probably not to him though lol.
Coming from a guy who pan-handles for pats on the backs for the occasional picks he hits & scans tickets to prove how smart his bets were.. that's a bit rich.

It's all good. Keep doing your thing man.
To be fair I admit you have SOME reasonable knowledge of the game and players etc but your overwhelming need to get people to bow down to your 'opinions' can be grating.

Quote Originally Posted by NguyenImproved View Post
Haha.

Blah-blah-blah. Did not read it. Just the fact that you wrote another page to reply to me after I stated that I have zero interest in your opinion proves that you are yearning some sort of validation. And trying to get it from an anonymous internet forum proves that you have no life dude. Grow up.