Login Search

Honeybadger's picks

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by zec View Post
I like Croatia to win to nil. They don't concede a lot of goals and Cameroon is just in a terrible form, only shot on goal against Mexico came in 91st minute..
I liked that one yesterday, a lot, as well. But it seems I am completely staying away from that game. There is no value with betting Croatia to win. Especially if you look the current situation in the group. Draw or win is pretty much the same from Croatia. In both cases, they have to beat Mexico in the last round... Cameroon is bad, as you said, but those conditions in Manaus are ridiculos. I am afraid that they could have more "left in the tank", for the last 20 minutes... I still think that Croatia will most likely win, but I am simply not willing to take any chances at these odds. Good luck!

It's pretty obvious that he is from one of the former Yugoslavia countries, probably Serbia..
Only half point awarded, for incomplete anwser

That Crvena zvezda fan thing, gave me away, right? Yes, I am Serbian, but you are getting only half point for that guess, because I was actually born and raised in Slovenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
Serbia!?!?

Murderer!

Hate crime!!
WTF, HC?! I thought we were friends

I am from Croatia btw; first time I suspected when you bet on Crnokosa-Zvezda. Then obviously when you said you were Zvezda fan.
It's not the same draw or win because if they draw they would have to beat Mexico by two; if they beat Cameroon, one goal victory against Mexico would be enough. Based on how Mexico looked to me yesterday (fairly decent) beating them by two with one day of rest less would be highly improbable..

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
Well you can't really blame them, can you? It's a bit like Merkel being outraged by the NSA spying on Germany.

Now what shred of distrust on earth could the U.S possibly have towards Germans???

Also, as you may already have realized, I was joking.
of course...

I am from Croatia btw; first time I suspected when you bet on Crnokosa-Zvezda. Then obviously when you said you were Zvezda fan.
It's not the same draw or win because if they draw they would have to beat Mexico by two; if they beat Cameroon, one goal victory against Mexico would be enough. Based on how Mexico looked to me yesterday (fairly decent) beating them by two with one day of rest less would be highly improbable..
Even before you said it, I was pretty much sure, that you are from Croatia

Regarding the situation in group A. Why would Croatia need to win by 2? I was under the impression, that in case of equal amount of points, h2h score is first one to break the tie? Or is it goal difference after all?

In other news, it looks like my team, Cibona, sent a letter informing Euroleague that they cannot afford to play which would mean your team gets in.
Yeah, I've seen that one already. What can I say. Undeserved, but we will take it. Sorry for seeing Cibona hitting the bottom, because they are such a big brand, badketball team with huge tradition and history. Hopefully they can make a good plan, recovering the team financialy and then get back up, where they belong.

And btw, I think that ABA league format should be changed. What is the purpose of that F4 tournament? You first play the league, with 30 games and then, doesn't matter if your score was 22-4, or 14-12, you get an opportunity to save/ruin your season in one single game. Cibona took that opportunity really well. Came to the tournament as an underdog, with nothing to lose. While our boys, were full of fear, that they will lose everything, which they worked hard for, entire season, in that one single game. And of course, that happened.
I am not trying to disrespect anyone, believe me. I just think that that format of the competition, devalues everything, which teams worked for in past 6 months...

I agree, also with the fans boycotting the competition I heard them say it was weird to play in front of half full arena, since they are used to having great support in Europaleague. I honestly love, best of five or seven series, like NBA and like Fener/Gala are currently battling. I think our region is not ready for regional leagues to have so many games just yet, too much risk, danger, money for security, chance for bad publicity in European Union etc. it's a shame because I love good competition, if we could avoid the danger it would be awesome to watch more battles in basketball and especially soccer. Waterpolo is starting the regional league and I am vey much looking forward to that because I love waterpolo and most of the best players in the World are in our region so it should be high quality. It should be a lot of fun. Handball league is being played too but Serbian teams are weak and Croatia has only Zagreb and Nexe (questionable quality).