Login Search

Honeybadger's picks

Last Post

Hey man. I cannot believe you are even arguing about that iffy PK. The foul by Olic was a 50/50 call. Let's see if that ref works any more WC games. Methinks not. What is funny is that he does not speak any English.

I do like you Chile pick. And Mexico might actually win but only because Cameroon's D is very suspect. I do not know which Mexican league have you been watching but I see it on TV occasionally, living in Mexifornia and all, and I can tell you that the Mexican league blows chunks and so does their national squad. Cameroonians have been lied to by their federation for many years so I would not judge them on the fact that they wanted a better share of prize money and all that talk about honor and patriotism is childish.

But as I said Cameroon is not a good defensive squad. This is a funny matchup. Mexico is all about defense and really struggles to score. Cameroon is not well organized defensively but they have quality strikers something that Mexico does not possess. Hmm, looks like a coinflip. I do like the over bet though, as I do in almost any game involving African teams. GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
Stosur and Kohlschreiber are the two constants of our universe.

Nice thread by the way... I'll take it!
Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
Yeah... it simply wasn't a foul HB, therefore it wasn't a PK. Your taking the wrong argument.

Also, Kohlschreiber will find a way... don't you worry!

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
Hey man. I cannot believe you are even arguing about that iffy PK. The foul by Olic was a 50/50 call. Let's see if that ref works any more WC games. Methinks not. What is funny is that he does not speak any English.

I do like you Chile pick. And Mexico might actually win but only because Cameroon's D is very suspect. I do not know which Mexican league have you been watching but I see it on TV occasionally, living in Mexifornia and all, and I can tell you that the Mexican league blows chunks and so does their national squad. Cameroonians have been lied to by their federation for many years so I would not judge them on the fact that they wanted a better share of prize money and all that talk about honor and patriotism is childish.

But as I said Cameroon is not a good defensive squad. This is a funny matchup. Mexico is all about defense and really struggles to score. Cameroon is not well organized defensively but they have quality strikers something that Mexico does not possess. Hmm, looks like a coinflip. I do like the over bet though, as I do in almost any game involving African teams. GL.
I am not arguing with anybody. Just explained my point of view.

I might be wrong about the penalty, but Olic's faul on goalkeeper was 100% correct call. I was active soccer player, my entire life, btw. And I know how sensitive can refs be, for obstructing goalkeeper in the box.

Thank you, for the oppinion about the Mexico-Cameroon game. It is very helpful. To be honest, I don't know much about the Mexican league. I just heard on several occasions that clubs budgets are quite big there. Good Money = good players = stronger league. That is why I thought that the league must be quite decent there.

And speaking of Cameroon. Yes, you might be right about my point of view, being childiish, reagrding that prizes situation. But, guys who weekly earn couple of ten thousands of euros, playing football in Europe, aren't really on welfare. Therefor, they shouldn't be arguing with their federation about couple of thousands more.
Of course, it is easy to say for me. It is their money, after all and they have right to fight for it. But, imho, 7 days before competition, their mindset should be completely different. And that is why, from betting standpoint, I don't want any part of that team.

Good luck with your bets!

HB, what do you expect Olic to do there. I know that GK are very protected in that area but if he is not allowed to jump towards the ball with his hands down then he can't do anything; should we just watch the goalie get the ball and hope he drops it. Almost all of the calls that GK gets is because the attacker had his hands/elbows up and was obstructing the GK with them. Watch this again, Olic has his hands straight down, completely away from the ball and GK. It's not 100%, it's a 50/50 call but that's me.

I don't think he was obstructing the GK, he was going for the ball as was the GK. The GK already has an advantage for being able to use his hands, you can't take everything away from the attacker, just doesn't make sense, and there is no rule for that so it's a judgment call by the ref.