Login Search

Honeybadger's picks

Last Post

There are definitely mayn different angles to look at Almagro-Girlado match. That is the way I see it, but I can understant that you are not too excited about that bet. It is tough to go against the guy, who looked that good the day before...

Monfils doesn't look that great at the moment. Leaning Dimitrov, but because Monfils is a clown and you never know with him, I skipped that one.

Nishi-Gulbis, probably over. Gulbis destroyed Gabashvili yesterday, because Teymuraz allowed him to play his game, so basically, it was, who will hit the ball harder. Gulbis is of course, favorite in such match. He will have much tougher job here against Nishikori, who has some awsome angles on his shots and he is hitting the ball well this week. But I doubt he can control this match from start to finsih and take it in straight sets. Even if he can, Gulbis could push one set into tie breaker, with his serve and increase the chances for the over.

Good luck.

edit: Regarding Jankovic-Ivanovic ML bet. That is a very good point. I there is a possibility of retirment, of course ML is better. But I have a habit of taking these games handicaps when betting the underdog. You pay few cents more, but it gives you some margin for error. In this case, I think it can get useful here, as Ana had big meltdowns in some of the sets. And if she loses one of the sets with 6-2 for example, it gets you into great position to win the bet, even if ML possibly looses. That is why I took that +1,5 line
Last edited by Honeybadger44; 04-26-14 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
There are definitely mayn different angles to look at Almagro-Girlado match. That is the way I see it, but I can understant that you are not too excited about that bet. It is tough to go against the guy, who looked that good the day before...

Monfils doesn't look that great at the moment. Leaning Dimitrov, but because Monfils is a clown and you never know with him, I skipped that one.

Nishi-Gulbis, probably over. Gulbis destroyed Gabashvili yesterday, because Teymuraz allowed him to play his game, so basically, it was, who will hit the ball harder. Gulbis is of course, favorite in such match. He will have much tougher job here against Nishikori, who has some awsome angles on his shots and he is hitting the ball well this week. But I doubt he can control this match from start to finsih and take it in straight sets. Even if he can, Gulbis could push one set into tie breaker, with his serve and increase the chances for the over.

Good luck.

Tnx for the res man,in the end I pralayed Pove -1.5 sets & Gulbis v Nishi over 22.5..

lets hope we all hit today,lets go!

ever since i discovered i don't really HAVE TO post anything (just login) to get my daily shot of betpoints...i post MUCH less...

but had to chime in here with a big thumbs up...another must-visit thread...damn you SBR tennis forum...

one thing: I like everything i've seen so far here but would like to know what MAX unit size do you propose to adhere to...

in the interest of prudence/proportionality (and the sanity it fosters)...i'd suggest u state something sensible like "10"...

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
ever since i discovered i don't really HAVE TO post anything (just login) to get my daily shot of betpoints...i post MUCH less...

but had to chime in here with a big thumbs up...another must-visit thread...damn you SBR tennis forum...

one thing: I like everything i've seen so far here but would like to know what MAX unit size do you propose to adhere to...

in the interest of prudence/proportionality (and the sanity it fosters)...i'd suggest u state something sensible like "10"...
Thanks!

Yeah, of course. Max bet is 10 units here. You will see it rarely, though... Maybe I should write like 4/10 with my picks, but since I never went over 6 units with single pick, in this thread so far, I think it is obvious that max is 10 units. Cheers!

Zahlavova Strycova ML @2,02 Pinnacle - 5 units

Oprandi had a great run in Marakech, last week, where she lost in the final match against Torro Flor. Because of that, I think there is no value on her side, because people have short term memories and will usualy back players, who have done well most recently.
But, I am not forgeting that Zahlavova-Strycova played really well on some of her previous tournaments, in Miami and Charleston. I also like her in this spot, because of her game. She is a very tricky player to play against as she is quick, she changes the pace a lot, she approaches the net often and always keep her opponent on her toes, because you don't know which shot is coming next. Oprandi is a player, which is most comfortable fireing groundstrokes from the baseline and needs some rhythm to do so. That is why I think she does not match up well against Zahlavova, because czech player has a game, which doesn't allow opponent to get any rhytm on their shots, because of the frequent change of pace.

Sousa -2 @1,96 Pinnacle - 5 units

I am not overly impressed with Sousa's game to be quite honest. He doesn't have any special weapons imho. He simply gronds his opponent out. He is solid defender, can run a lot, can keep the ball in play and will try to work his opponents backhand, with his inside out forehand.
It is not a lot, but I think it is just good enough to take Mayer out here. I watched couple of his matches lately and it seemed to me that he is not in very good form. He is impatient. Trying to force some of the shots, even if the opportunity is not there and commiting quite some errors. Combining that with Sousa's game style and the fact that Joao will be fired up in his home tournament, I think he should win this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeCash View Post
Hello HB! nice job yesterday,with your help I parlayed both players +1.5 sets(Sisi&ZS) and made my daily $$ so big tnx!
However I have one game that caught my eyes,Klizan@Youzhny,I know that the Russian not in form right now but co'mn,+150 against drunk-ass Klizan its too much IMO,what your opinion man?
Hey man! Nice to hear that you made some money yesterday.

I didn't see anything special on the board today, and that is why I didn't post any plays.

Regardin Klizan-Youzhny. There was a quite big line movement in Klizan's favor. When something like that happens, and I don't have the right informations, I usualy stay way. It might indicate an injury or something like that...
But yes, in normal conditions, Youzhny is the side with much more value at these odds.

Suarez Navarro +2,5 @1.83 Pinnacle - 4 units

I just feel that Kuznetsova is not deserving this respect, which she is getting from the books in this match. Yeah, she played well this week, but lets look at those wins more closely. Torro Flor handed her the win in the second part of the match with big number of UE. After that, she took out Bouchard. Genie is a very good player and a future top player most likely, but she doesn't understand some of the important things about clay tennis yet and Kuznetsova knew how to take adventage of that with her experiance. Vesnina is another player, which preffers faster surfaces and she complained about shoulder/arm injury in that match. Imho, Suarez Navarro will be by far the toughest challenge for Kuznetsova this week and I simply don't see her as a favorite here.

Jovanovski ML @1.91 Pinnacle - 4 units

Knapp has been my go to fade material, lately. She simply can't find her form and the odds to go against her are still good enough to do so. As I wrote before, she is an aggresive baseliner, which looks to prevail in longer rallies with her heavy hitting, but this is a bad match up for her. Jovanovski is a very good defender and relenthless fighter. She forces her opponents to play an extra shot to win the point and that is not what Knapp needs at the moment.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

JustSomeCash gave Honeybadger44 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.