Login Search

SK's Monte Carlo Masters 2014 Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
4) Anderson / Monfils Over 23 (-106) x1
Interesting to see that you have selected it, both players dont preform so good recently but the Frenchman has advantage on clay + the home crowd. Last year he was great on clay Turnys in France, and the crowd really pushed him to win every game,so I would not be surprised if he wins it in straight sets.

And I have Q for you,waht you think on Almagro,last year after he lost in Hou final to Isner and he came to play in **',he barly won Gofin(2:1) and lost right after that to Melzer(@5.5)2:0,so what your opinion for this one,we can trust PM to win a set?

Good luck with the pick!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeCash View Post
Interesting to see that you have selected it, both players dont preform so good recently but the Frenchman has advantage on clay + the home crowd. Last year he was great on clay Turnys in France, and the crowd really pushed him to win every game,so I would not be surprised if he wins it in straight sets.

And I have Q for you,waht you think on Almagro,last year after he lost in Hou final to Isner and he came to play in **',he barly won Gofin(2:1) and lost right after that to Melzer(@5.5)2:0,so what your opinion for this one,we can trust PM to win a set?

Good luck with the pick!!
Almagro looked pretty awful in Houston against a weak field and has to be tired. You're right, Mathieu is probably worth a small play, considering the odds.

5) Mathieu ML (+254) x0.5

Not a Monte Carlo play, but Alexander Zverev is playing Donald Young at the Sarasota Challenger event at 11am Pacific time (45 minutes from now). Young had a decent run in Houston, but is still nothing special. Zverev, on the other hand, is the #1 ranked Juniors player at the moment, having won the Juniors title at the AO. At 17, this kid is a legit talent and while seriously lacking in experience, he's prime to put up a solid fight here against Young. Worth a small play, IMO.

Alexander Zverev ML (+438) x0.5

Quote Originally Posted by shimeon40 View Post
is fognini on the level?? seems to be lately
Fognini is in good form and playing on his best surface. Too many of Bautista-Agut's wins this year have come against weakened opponents. Pospisil/Jerzy/Nieminen, and he hasn't played much clay this year. Fognini already has 16 matches on clay, going 14-2

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
7) Fognini -1.5 sets (+124) x1
8) Lu ML (+516) x0.5
9) Mahut ML (+604) x0.5
10) Federer / Stepanek Under 20 games (-111) x1
11) Wawrinka -2 (-125) x1
12) Monfils -1.5 sets (-140) x1
13) Dolgopolov -1.5 sets (-123) x1

3-4 (-0.39u)
Overall: 6-5-2 (+2.11u)

Stan & Roger looked amazing today. Monfils & Dolgo looked horrible. Now watch them both come back to win in 3 sets, rubbing in the losses further.