Login Search

D"s tickets and singles

Last Post

It"s the final of Portoroz(hard):

Kavcic Blaz vs Muller Gilles

Both are playing great in this season on hard courts.

This is going to be 4th finals for Kavcic(2/3) and 6th for Muller(4/5) in 2014

Blaz is playing very good at this tournament so far while Gilles had some problems yesterday vs Edmund.

These courts are slower than usually hard courts are so Muller"s main weapon(serve) isn"t that big advantage than normally is.

Kavcic is better player from baseline(Muller sucks in rallies) & also very good returner. Yesterday he said in interwiev on the national TV(after the match with Donskoy) that his main weapon are returns & that because courts are slow Muller isn"t going to have that big advantage with serve .

Kavcic knows that he just needs to make Muller move and keep ball in play and Muller will be struggling.

Kavcic also has big crowd support(he is playing at home) & he has chance to win tittle in Portoroz for the first time!

Last edited by fcmb; 07-13-14 at 11:13 AM.

Yesterdays interwiev with Blaz Kavcic & few words about Gilles Muller:

Quote:

# I was watching him few times on TV.
I remember his 3rd round match vs Nadal in Wimbledon. He has an advantage because he is left handed + he has great serve. If i will be able to neutralise Mullers serve i think that i have the advantage. Conditions for game are hard because the court is slow what means that is hard to gain an advantage with serve or get easy points on serve
#

What a point by Kavcic to confirm break in final set !

Dustin Brown style, he was leading 40:0 on his serve when Muller lobbed him while Kavcic was close to net, Kavcic ran back to the baseline to catch the ball and stroke it between legs for a winner! He looks great atm especially after this magic winner