Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

Eagles do you think Andy Murray might be improved mentally
and in better form for the Aussie ? I think so. Right after O2 he
finally proposed to Kim Sears. all this time I think the pressure to
get to Finals and knowing he would propose to her or thinking about it
messed with his head.. now it's kick ass time. (?)

I don't know about mentally, but I do think he is going to have a solid year and be in contention at 3/4 Slams. All the change he's gone through with the coaching staff, hitting partners, etc. that is drawing criticism from the UK press I think is going to light a fire under him & Mauresmo to really be focused and be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
I don't know about mentally, but I do think he is going to have a solid year and be in contention at 3/4 Slams. All the change he's gone through with the coaching staff, hitting partners, etc. that is drawing criticism from the UK press I think is going to light a fire under him & Mauresmo to really be focused and be a factor.
Mauresmo was a choice not without controversy.. but there has to be something Andy feels he
is getting from her that makes him able to shake it off.. something the press doesn't know about.
Murray needs more tennis IQ and less emotional fits.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
I think also at his age - 27 - his window is narrowing, so maybe he felt like he did with Lendl that getting a fresh approach all around would revitalize him.
he's good for dominating the non-elite players, but if he wants to win Slams - my opinion is that
he needs more "game".. things are becoming stale. He doesn't have the flair of a Federer, that
natural instinct for doing exactly the most painful thing to your opponent at the split-second it's needed.

yeah, not gonna touch it.
btw yesterday i really was thinking of Andy Reid not losing that game in Washington.
if Reid was still coaching the Eagles I don't think they would have lost.
But I don't think there's much he can do against Pittsburgh today.
Chip Kelly probably a good NFL coach eventually but still green.