Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
2014 Season Overall Profit: --0.90
Gotta get back into a groove. Falling into some poor habits lately. Effort harder today.
I don't think this sport is beatable on a long term basis especially when you don;t know when a dude aint gonna give a crap and tank a match. You gotta have inside info on what these dudes are doing when the show up at the tourney. The coaches probably dont even know when a player gonna say "ya know that night club looked fun or This amusment looks fun, I wanna go see that instead of busting my ass on the court this week. Ill bust it next week at the 500 or the 1000 or whatever"

Gotta have people tailing the players at the hotel ect to maybe get a good idea about that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy1616 View Post
I don't think this sport is beatable on a long term basis especially when you don;t know when a dude aint gonna give a crap and tank a match. You gotta have inside info on what these dudes are doing when the show up at the tourney. The coaches probably dont even know when a player gonna say "ya know that night club looked fun or This amusment looks fun, I wanna go see that instead of busting my ass on the court this week. Ill bust it next week at the 500 or the 1000 or whatever"

Gotta have people tailing the players at the hotel ect to maybe get a good idea about that crap.
I disagree. It's hard but you just have to be disciplined in tennis more than other sports. Many like myself make far too many plays and don't pay close enough attention. There is just so many matches and tournaments and so little coverage and info compared to other sports. I found if I wait until round 3 on the I have more success although I often don't follow then with the I need action attitude. Tennis especially WtA is all about who wants to be there and if you watch the opening and second round matches you can usually tell. Just my 2 cents but I understand what you were saying as well. Difficult sport to cap

I agree with HGH

You have to stick to some sort of game plan all year and have more discipline than any other sport. I've done it better during certain stretches, but bad habits creep out here and there. My goal for 2015 is to stick to the game plan and not stray to prove to myself that I can do better than break even. I think it's very tough to do this because it's basically a 10 1/2 month sport. But you can do it.

IMO, the major problems/bad habits that crop up for many tennis bettors ...

1. Day Part betting - you're betting matches to keep busy because tennis is the only sport happening at certain points in the day.

2. Too many plays on pick 'em matches - there can be edges, but if you avoid playing too many of these, you will do much better in the lng run IMO

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
I agree with HGH

You have to stick to some sort of game plan all year and have more discipline than any other sport. I've done it better during certain stretches, but bad habits creep out here and there. My goal for 2015 is to stick to the game plan and not stray to prove to myself that I can do better than break even. I think it's very tough to do this because it's basically a 10 1/2 month sport. But you can do it.

IMO, the major problems/bad habits that crop up for many tennis bettors ...

1. Day Part betting - you're betting matches to keep busy because tennis is the only sport happening at certain points in the day.

2. Too many plays on pick 'em matches - there can be edges, but if you avoid playing too many of these, you will do much better in the lng run IMO
Im up around 20 units for the year but it is just frustrating sometimes with the pitfalls of the long season. It is a tough slog. Maybe I'll give the bitches a run next year. And like you suggested to me before, I will incorporate college bball into my repertoire.

Damn push on the Istomin total. Pzy blew a 3-0 lead in the 2nd. Thought for sure I was gonna be in for one of those - last hold need to push or cash = break, but at least he did that much.

To each his own on tennis betting. Different strokes for different folks. Like for me, I prefer not to play a whole lot of WTA. Not that men are really any more predictably, but WTA to me at least seems more unpredictable because of the interchangeable parts pretty much from #1 to #100.