Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

More troubling is that Rafa delayed a decision that was supposed to be announced today on whether or not he will make it. I'm shocked that Federer is +750 for the USO right now with Djokovic at +130 and Murray +450.

I would almost be tempted to take Federer today, but I'm a draw whore. I gotta see it before I put my money down. Thinking this is the year to take some shots on the "mid" range prices that are going to offer huge profits potentially like Raonic +2500.

Really feels like this is going to be the most open Grand Slam on the men's side in as long as I can remember.

Hey Dude. If you have time to answer I'd appreciate it.

Tennis to me is a shit show the first 3 or 4 months of the season due to players not being in form so I'd like to have soccer or hoops or maybe even football to bet on.

What would you recommend as the easier option to start with or should I just stick with the tennis?

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
I actually think tennis the first half of the year is probably much better than the last half when bodies are broken down and motivation gets low due to the grind for a lot.

I love me some College Basketball, so I couldn't hate on that.
Thanks!! Tried to give you more points. SBR system wouldn't let me

It's cool. This year has been worse than any in recent memory as far as post-Wimbledon form of the supposed top dawgs. Usually you still get good performances during the summer hard court swing, but with Nadal injured, Djokovic distracted and Murray woefully out of form - the real top dawg right now is Federer. Only guy who has shown up all year long. Only a couple tiournaments where he failed to make a deep run. I said it somewhere else, if anyone deserves to win the USO, it's Roger. I'd love to see it.

I really think this USO could be ripe for one of the young guys to step up and get theirs ... or for the old guard to maybe get one of his last.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
More troubling is that Rafa delayed a decision that was supposed to be announced today on whether or not he will make it. I'm shocked that Federer is +750 for the USO right now with Djokovic at +130 and Murray +450.

I would almost be tempted to take Federer today, but I'm a draw whore. I gotta see it before I put my money down. Thinking this is the year to take some shots on the "mid" range prices that are going to offer huge profits potentially like Raonic +2500.

Really feels like this is going to be the most open Grand Slam on the men's side in as long as I can remember.
Fed will have gone to two finals In a row.. If he gets in to trouble with anybody early in the tournament, I'm pretty sure he won't have gas in the tank to win it all... Think about it While Djoker is not in the best of form, he is resting. Anderson is solid when he is on, he is resting. Tsonga, is resting.... A lot of guys were smart by dumping this tournament or the one in Canada... I don't see Fed being able to make it deep in 3 tournaments in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
Fed will have gone to two finals In a row.. If he gets in to trouble with anybody early in the tournament, I'm pretty sure he won't have gas in the tank to win it all... Think about it While Djoker is not in the best of form, he is resting. Anderson is solid when he is on, he is resting. Tsonga, is resting.... A lot of guys were smart by dumping this tournament or the one in Canada... I don't see Fed being able to make it deep in 3 tournaments in a row.
It's his 4th final in a row, not 2nd. Also he has over a week to rest which is far more then enough and wouldn't be the excuse if he loses in US Open.

Also Anderson, Isner, and a few are playing in Winston Salem so will have no rest.

Rest in tennis is overated and used as a reason by ppl on here to make bets far too often.