Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
Yes, EP, I remember Lisicki's meltdown last year. Lost a bunch cause she could not hold it together. But I also made a bunch riding her to the finals. I think Bouchard is made of sterner stuff but I won't go big on her. She just has the aura of someone who was born to be a star (on the tennis court).
Perhaps. This surface though is good to Kvitovs. If Kvitova had never won before, I could see going on Bouchard but I think it makes a big difference although with the chicks - they all have mental frailty in their DNA. That's why I love being in my spot and not deciphering a play instead

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
I can turn this around around and say that Bouchard's path was not impressive: Cornet and Kerber in a letdown spot, coming off tough wins as overwhelming dogs, and injured Halep (and Cornet should've taken at least a set off Bouchard). One stat that I really like about Kvitova is that she wins >60% of points on her 2nd serve, for Bouchard that number is about 50%. Ultimately, I think whoever holds it together better should win. I am rooting for a great match, but Kvitova is defo the fav.

Edit: I do like the over but I would not go big on it since the majority of women's GS finals go way under, especially involving a newcomer.
halep was definately not injured.....I honestly think shes good but nothing special.... Bouchard has "out" shots...

Some teams catch lightning in a bottle, it happens. Bolt-Whittington did it in the Australian. If you realistically were betting on "big hitters" in doubles regardless of matchup, you'd lose more than you win during the season. They didn't really hit them off the court per say, but they cashed in better on break points & that's usually the end game.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
Some teams catch lightning in a bottle, it happens. Bolt-Whittington did it in the Australian. If you realistically were betting on "big hitters" in doubles regardless of matchup, you'd lose more than you win during the season. They didn't really hit them off the court per say, but they cashed in better on break points & that's usually the end game.
did you watch their game against peya/soares? they certainly powered them off the court. I never said I bet on the big hitters, I just said that I never bet against them.

2014 Season Overall Profit: +2.06
Wimbledon: +4.40

Down today, but goal achieved for the tourney to get back above the break even mark. I'm done for Wimbledon with the futures all in play for the title matches, no need to press anything although I'm sure I will look over the props list for the men's final. Good luck with your selections.

Futures Plays *All risking 0.5 unit
Kerber to Win @ +7500
Federer to Win @ +550
Dimitrov to Win Quarter @ +475
Kvitova to Win @ +300
Bouchard to Win @ +450

So for Futures @ Wimbledon, it's +1.87 at the moment. Guaranteed something tomorrow and then will hedge with some play on Djokovic on Sunday. Probably the best futures tournament for me since last year at Wimbledon with the Bartoli hit, although by "volume" I suppose this is a better success. Bartoli was just one of those once a year lotto hits. Again though, anyone who tells you Futures are not worth while needs to go get that noggin checked out. I'm still digging up my e-mails from the other tournaments for the person who was asking how I might have done all year on Futures because I'm not sure. If I'm soberish tonight, I'll be working on that with some vino.