Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by zec View Post
No way, he almost lost to Cuevas; Murray will roll.
And Murray almost lost to Kohlschreiber and had to fake an injury. If it wasn't for the suspension we would be discussing Verdasco vs Kohlschreiber. Murray can lose to basically anyone on clay. At plus money Verdasco is worth a play imo.

It should be a good battle assuming Murray continues his physical recovery. It's a bit difficult to gauge true form on Verdasco. Gasquet obviously physically was worn out finally. Cuevas had him on the ropes and choked hard. In between Houston and Roland Garros, Verdasco had been very ordinary on the surface. We can say what we want about Murray, but the guy is consistent at this tournament, although never great. Murray will challenge Verdasco in ways he has yet to be challenged on-serve. I think Murray will probably grind through.

Grass Court season is also officially kicking off this week with the Nottingham Challenger. Usually a good field and this year is no exception with lots of main level ATP guys dipping down to get some work in. Main Draw starts Tuesday. Sijsling. Sela. "Mr Grass" Benjamin Becker is one to watch. de Schepper. Steve Johnson. Lots more. Loaded field for this type of event, so should be some bettable matches.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
Grass Court season is also officially kicking off this week with the Nottingham Challenger. Usually a good field and this year is no exception with lots of main level ATP guys dipping down to get some work in. Main Draw starts Tuesday. Sijsling. Sela. "Mr Grass" Benjamin Becker is one to watch. de Schepper. Steve Johnson. Lots more. Loaded field for this type of event, so should be some bettable matches.
mahut involved?

Not this week. I think he usually waits for the ATP level ones, but he's also another good guy to follow for grass. Becker and Mahut are two guys you don't think of unless you follow the tour this time of year. I remember when Nicholas Kiefer was right in the mix too as a guy who sucked most of the year, but always came out strong on grass. Hewitt is still one to watch.

Interested to see how Kyrgios handles it. He did well on clay and grass should be okay with his game, especially Wimbledon where it's quick. Also want to see if Kokkinakis makes it. He's in qualis this week, not through yet.

I think this surface alone is why Federer will keep grinding with the hopes of snagging another Slam with some help. Such a specialized surface and he's still pretty damn good on it.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

bababooey13 gave EaglesPhan36 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.