Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
I reckon he wants to play at the higher level if he came back as that's what most ppl play tennis for. He's a servebot or sorts, always has been so doesn't need to exert a lot of energy as u said. He has beaten or came close to beating a lot of big names just by doing that so don't see why he cant do that nw considering he's still serving as well as ever.
Big difference between the chumps he is beating here and what he'll see up at the ATP level. Challenger guys, a lot of them are totally overwhelmed by big serves. ATP level, the top tier sees this shit at a better level every tournament.

I expect he'll play the 250s in the summer on hard courts. Problem for him is that he'll probably have to go through qualifying for anything higher than that unless he can grind a couple more titles along the way. Maybe he can crack the Top 100. But it's gonna take more.
Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 05-10-14 at 12:05 AM.

this last few weeks has been emphatic...groth twice...lacko twice (thrice in progress?...reverse jinx attempt...not likely to work...the guy just has no sense of humour...relentlessly threatening to break his opponent's service while breezing through his own)...

seems like muller and ram may be this circuit's nadal/djokovic

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
this last few weeks has been emphatic...groth twice...lacko twice (thrice in progress?...reverse jinx attempt...not likely to work...the guy just has no sense of humour...relentlessly threatening to break his opponent's service while breezing through his own)...

seems like muller and ram may be this circuit's nadal/djokovic
Groth is a C- level Muller. Yes, crack the top 100 ... get ranked inside the top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
Big difference between the chumps he is beating here and what he'll see up at the ATP level. Challenger guys, a lot of them are totally overwhelmed by big serves. ATP level, the top tier sees this shit at a better level every tournament.

I expect he'll play the 250s in the summer on hard courts. Problem for him is that he'll probably have to go through qualifying for anything higher than that unless he can grind a couple more titles along the way. Maybe he can crack the Top 100. But it's gonna take more.
He was in the top 50 previously before injury/retirement. He already played ATP level and bet many big names (check his history, some big names there). I can see Muller beating a few players near the top 50 quite easily on hard court.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
He won't do much on the ATP level. He'll probably surface during the US Open Hard Court series for an event or two, but he's found his niche it appears. Nothing wrong with beating up on WTA type serves and cashing 10-20K per week. We should all be so lucky.

The luck he has had these three weeks is that he exerts so little energy with rallies that he can keep playing without a dip in level. It's like being seven feet tall and weighing 300+ in the NBA and being guarded by someone about 4 inches shorter and about 50 pounds lighter.

Now that Kevin Kim is retired we have a new "Paycheck" on the tour..!!

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
He was in the top 50 previously before injury/retirement. He already played ATP level and bet many big names (check his history, some big names there). I can see Muller beating a few players near the top 50 quite easily on hard court.
Guy just turned 32. His best days are well behind him IMO. The only "Servebot" who sustained some success on the other side of 30 at the ATP level really is Karlovic lately and most of his came at 250 events where the draws were much easier than 500s, Masters or Slams.

Just my opinion. He's not really beating anything but guys who should be getting beat by a big serve because they cannot keep up.

I got lucky Sugita quit and my bet was booked at Bovada. so a push.

2014 Season Overall Profit: +9.07