Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
that's good...i just put in (about an hour a ago) a hi-chalk ML parlay: Gulbis + Dimitrov + Murray (1.70 to win 1.00)...nice when the first one at least goes according to expectation...hmmm, checking flashscore now i see Gulbis is also taking care of business efficiently...looks it'll all be up to the Englishman a little later
I have the same exact parlay. GL.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
I disagree with the great people part. Some of them "not all" carry an attitude of arrogance. French Canadians are very bad for this. I work with a ton of French people, they seem to think there better than most. I just find it ironic with the attitude that they carry, somehow they fold like a tent in tennis. Brutal.
I was trying to be sensitive to our French poster. I had a French teacher who was a bitch, but she was from Belgium. I guess I really don't know any French people directly. Hangin out a the cafe people watching is fun though. I think that came from the French. I think I'm gonna put American players on my "do not bet" list also. It just makes me laugh when I see all these parents near me thinking their kid is gonna be the next Joker or Serena Williams. US players can't even get college scholarships anymore. Recruiting has gone international. I would not wish an average pros tennis life on my worst enemy. Such a low probability of making the big time. I'm all over the place in this post. Need to up my meds dosage.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
I disagree with the great people part. Some of them "not all" carry an attitude of arrogance. French Canadians are very bad for this. I work with a ton of French people, they seem to think there better than most. I just find it ironic with the attitude that they carry, somehow they fold like a tent in tennis. Brutal.
im from toronto.. i was in montreal this summer and paid for food with an old 10 dollar bill while speaking english & the lady said i should come to canada more often. french canada in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
hey Bum, chk my edit, and EP's comments...Gulbis took his foot off the gas...hopefully just a pause before continuing the crushing...you swear these bastids know when u put $ on them
wow. I wasn't even paying attention to the match too busy counting my money before the match ended. shiiiiiit.

two best (in the sense of "running more-reliably true to form"--aka. lower variance) sports to bet on are individual (NOT team) sports...namely

MMA and Tennis

of these MMA is way better (in the same sense)...because motivation is never an issue...take your foot off the gas in an MMA fight and you're risking way more injury than just an "L" on your record...
another reason you can always count on full motivation is that you normally get 2, maybe 3, matches per year...and future paydays intimately depend on THIS match right here and now...

with tennis, due to the huge number of matches/tourneys (most of them non-major in nature) u just can't count on the bastids to fight hard when the going gets tough (unless it's a GS...hmmm, and they happen about as often as a typical MMA-fighter competes in a year)

anyhow... just some stray thoughts to keep my attention away from the Gulbis match before i check to see if he gets put on the shelf with the Chardonnay by EP
Last edited by fitguy67; 02-27-14 at 03:56 AM.