Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

RE Isner future, I found this when looking for info on a few at the top of the futures market.

John Isner hoping to make the most of Delray Beach Open
By John Evenson

The ATP World Tour will take over the the Delray Beach Tennis Open by the Venetian Las Vegas on Monday, and the # 1 player in the country, and the # 1 seed, John Isner says he's ready to get into the groove.

"I haven't really practices that much since the Australian Open," admits Isner, " so I'm just trying to get fit, just get the feel of putting hours on the court."

Isner says he loves player at Delray, an easy drive from his home in Tampa, and that he should be in for a challenge with the talent he'll be facing this week. Win or lose he says he's using the tournament to build for later in the year.

"I want to win this tournament, but if that doesn't happen so be it."
It is the sort of tournament that if he was fit Isner would win on his ear. That put me off quite a lot. I ended up taking Haas at 6.50 with Cilic/Nishi/Isner all in the bottom half.

Quote Originally Posted by Cessation View Post
RE Isner future, I found this when looking for info on a few at the top of the futures market...

It is the sort of tournament that if he was fit Isner would win on his ear. That put me off quite a lot. I ended up taking Haas at 6.50 with Cilic/Nishi/Isner all in the bottom half.
i grabbed some Anderson at +1026 a few hours ago (at pinnacle)...i expect him to go deeper than either of the other two damn-near-7-footers...hopefully deep enough to hedge out and keep some of the 10.26units...

a healthy Isner and a healthy Anderson is an amazing match...a few months ago these guys went three sets without a single service break...all three sets were 7-6'ers

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
i grabbed some Anderson at +1026 a few hours ago (at pinnacle)...i expect him to go deeper than either of the other two damn-near-7-footers...hopefully deep enough to hedge out and keep some of the 10.26units...

a healthy Isner and a healthy Anderson is an amazing match...a few months ago these guys went three sets without a single service break...all three sets were 7-6'ers
I don't have much faith in Mr. Anderson, although this tournament sure is a holy shitfest and with Isner, Japman and Cilic all major questionmarks and being Kev's favorite playground this would be his best shot at a comeback to form.

EP, if you would pick one more future for Del Ray, who would it be? I already have one for Anderson and Nishi, and was thinking about placing one on Haas. If neither Anderson nor Nishi win out, and if Cilic is fatigued and Isner still rusty/injured, you'd have to think Haas has the next best shot at this, right? Then again part of me wants to take one of the qualies or someone like Baghdatis or Lopez. This tourney literally seems less certain and more up for grabs than others.

Good point man, I'm sure they'll offer the futures again after play today, no sense in making another gamble without seeing everyone play. Of course you lose the good odds like you said, but it's worth it to get a better view of everyone's form. I'm definitely tempted to place a little more on Nishi (price unchanged) and Anderson (actually went up slightly), but Anderson needing an extra set to take care of Smyczek has me thinking twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
Good point man, I'm sure they'll offer the futures again after play today, no sense in making another gamble without seeing everyone play. Of course you lose the good odds like you said, but it's worth it to get a better view of everyone's form. I'm definitely tempted to place a little more on Nishi (price unchanged) and Anderson (actually went up slightly), but Anderson needing an extra set to take care of Smyczek has me thinking twice.
It had been a month since his last match and once he got going, he did cruise thru the other two sets. Hard to gauge guys on one match unless they appear injured.
Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 02-19-14 at 11:12 AM.