Login Search

EP36's Fuzzy Tennis Balls

Last Post

Begininng of the season I thought was the best time to catch him before he got into a routine on the surface. Went with motivation over a bit better talent - but talent that had not had anything positive while trying to grind out some matches on hard courts.

Obviously per usual in tennis betting, I picked wrong. Hooray me.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
Volandri is like the only guy who can play a 3 setter and barely push a total of 22. Been said a lot before, but that guy might be the dirtiest player left on tour. You can't play that many 6-0, 6-1 sets like he does in 3 setters without someone profiting.
I seem to see it a lot from him... Do you think he does it on purpose? Or does he just have the emotions of a chick. It's painful to watch

I firmly believe that he's still a not so under-the-radar match/set fixer. Maybe one of the best set fixers of all-time.

His name comes up plenty if you Google match fixing stories. He to me is one of the more skilled guys in that aspect if he's continually doing it. I don't think it's necessarily for the ML markets either, but maybe more in the set betting or match totals. Imagine the odds you get in-match after he loses 6-0 in the 1st set for him to win the next set. Or how low your match total would be after a six game first set and then it goes 3 sets or the odds on Busta winning 2-1 that probably go real high after he looks to be in total control after one set ... lots of ways to manipulate markets that we never think of. Most people think of match fixing simply in winners and losers outright, but there's a helluva lot more bullshit from set to set that they can get away with that does not raise as big a stink IMO.